What are the basic principles of your party that lead you to that party?

This is not to turn into a bashing post. We are adult women who should know how to comport ourselves with dignity. Please have enough respect for one another not to bash each other.

I am posting anon so that I do not skew the answers one way or the other.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I am Democrat simply because my veiws are far too liberal to ever vote republican.
    -I support equal rights for ALL americans
    -I believe in separation of church and state
    -I dont see why ANYBODY would be against "going green?"
    -I am all about universal health care
    -I want to bring back a middle class
    -I see no reason why ANYBODY should go hungry in the richest country in the world
    -I do not agree with abortion but am afraid for it to be illegal....
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 2:34 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I would vote either party if I felt that the person had values and morals and was going to act on the things he/she set out to do. I sway towards the republican side because I am pro life, a believe in god, I believe in a lot of other things the party stands for. If there was a Democrat with shared ideas I would possibly vote for that person. It all comes down to what his/her views and ideas are.
    Mother2oneboy

Answer by Mother2oneboy at 10:58 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• i dont have a party. i try to refrain from choosing sides & only see each person, not the party they are tied to. i think both parties have great ideas & horrible ideas. there are people in both parties that really grind my gears & make me want to scream...but there are also intelligent rationale ppl on both sides that i really like. i cant pick a side b/c neither one fits my moderate views.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:10 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I usually vote Dem since I have pretty standard liberal views. I have seldom agreed with any Republican. I have voted Green, also.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 11:21 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I decided to leave the Democratic Party because they do not support any of their pro-life candidates. It has become the Party of Sexual Sin. I would like to return one day if this changes, because I am in favor of social programs and environmental protection.
    Anonymous

• I vote Dem. Dems are more in line with my values as a progressive: pro-equality, pro-social justice, anti-corporation, pro-union, pro-choice, pro-universal health care, pro-environmental protection, pro-living wage, pro-compassion, pro-tolerance, and pro-transperency in government to name a few.
    asyoulikeit

Answer by asyoulikeit at 11:55 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Conservative republican--- Pro life, I don't feel like any of our tax dollars should be used in any way to fund abortions. Against universal health care, for traditional marriage (between man and woman), for lower taxes...and keeping one nation under God!
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 12:28 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I left the Republican party after being Republican all my life. I am now a Constitutionalist. I want to
    bring back our Constitution and our rights that we have lost under the Republicans. I want us to stop killing our unborn babies, and get back to family values. I want our country to go back to some morals and values that we used to have that made us strong and proud. I don't like all the spying on the American people and the Patriot Act and how it has put us all in danger. I don't like how they are trying to control our food, our livestock and tell us that we can't even grow our own food without all the chemicals and pesticides that the BIG chemical companies want to impose on us for MONEY they will make. I don't like the way our country has become under the Democrats OR the Republicans. I don't see a bit of difference either party any more. GIVE me Ron Paul or Chuck Baldwin beliefs and policies for running our country.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Because they are not libs.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 12:19 PM on May. 1, 2009

• OP
    Thanks everyone.

jENELLEMARIE was to only one to really give a list of things she supports a party for.
    Anonymous