How can I thin out my arms when its heredity that is making it difficult?

I have a wedding in a few months and I have been dieting and exercising and seeing great results. My wedding dress is a halter and I have really fat arms even though I am at a happy weight. What can I do when my arms are a heredity challenge?

AmyLynn5398

Asked by AmyLynn5398 at 10:50 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• i wouldn't worry about thinning the arms, but what you can do is to tone. If you begin today you can see a diff in your arms in as little as 3 weeks and in 2 months you should see some nice definition.

I would buy a couple of handbell. Depending on how fit you are already, you could start with 5 lbs then work up to 8, then I wouldn't do more than 10lb. Twelve lb'ers & more, unless you are controlling your exercise well, can give shoulder problems. I would begin with 8 lbs & then move right to the 10.

If you enjoy walking, use 3-5 lb and move the arms back and forth. This will begin to tone. But at home, use the 8-10 lbs. Look at Prevention.com for arm exercises. I love this site. Write yourself a routine that you will do and after 3 weeks, change up that routine. You will love the way your arms look.

Do flys to work across your chest. And don't forget to include moves that work your back and shoulders. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 9:30 AM on May. 1, 2009

• good info... thanks life
    kflwrgrl

Answer by kflwrgrl at 11:29 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Try "tank top arms, bikini belly, boy shorts bottom"  I haven't tried it but I plan to If i like I will make a review post .... Think I'm gonna get it tonight!

kflwrgrl

Answer by kflwrgrl at 12:51 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Yes definitely use bells, get exercises targeting arms. I use beach-bodies weighted gloves during my exercise. Use bands, straps and various kinds of things to target different muscles. You need to create muscle confusion and not use the same type of thing more than a couple times in a row. You can fight heredity. It is possible.
    1heart1mind

Answer by 1heart1mind at 5:48 PM on May. 1, 2009

• a good exercise routine to help muscle tone and try It Works Ultimate Applicators - they really work - I am sold! I Love Them! I am at that 40 and nothing goes a way stage no matter how hard you try - well these are the BOMB! I lost 2" on my stomach and 1 1/2 on each arm - after my first application, and it lasts! - I LOVE THEM - woo hoo summer here I come!

http://www.SoCal-Itworks.shopitworks.com  or http://itworks.net/SoCal-ItWorks

AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 1:01 AM on May. 3, 2009