Help!!!

Bowl-movements that are seedy and mucosy........ what could this be!?
2 month old baby girl!

v_serenil

Asked by v_serenil at 10:50 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• usually it's nothing. They just check to be sure it isnt anything serious. Mucous isn't terribly scary its black and red that start to get people really nervous. Tell your bro to relax it's probably nothing
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:18 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Are you breastfeeding? My kids (both breastfed) had seedy bowel movements also. My pediatrician said it was completely normal.
    joannakitler

Answer by joannakitler at 10:59 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• No shes not breast fed....shes my niece. My brother took her to the doctor and they were told they needed a sample of her poop because it looked like she had the rota virus! But I dont think she has that!!??
    v_serenil

Answer by v_serenil at 11:04 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I have just heard that it is normal at that age. Again, both my kids had seedy bm's. They were mostly breastfed, but, I did supplement in the evenings too. My cousin's baby had seedy poop also and he was strictly formula fed. Like I said, I have heard and read that it's normal in the early weeks of infancy.
    joannakitler

Answer by joannakitler at 11:11 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Ok thanks so much for answering, Ive beeen really worried since my brother just told me like an hour ago!
    v_serenil

Answer by v_serenil at 11:15 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• My DD had those for the first few months...she was breastfed...your neice is 2 months, did she just get the vaccine?? She may be a little sick from the shot if she did...
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:43 PM on Apr. 30, 2009