Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what would you to

my fiance is working at a pizza place and every one at his work is harrasing him even the store managers and the store owner and some of the employees. he cant quit because around here no one is hirring and hes the only 1 making money since i was in a very bad accident and im pregnant and my dr wont let me work for another few months. im affraid that he is there any longer something bad is going to happen and i no hes not going to hurt anyone but they might do something to him. just the other day one of the employees thru a few glass plates at him right in front of the store mannager and the mannager didnt do anything about it. is there any thing my fiance can do other then quit. suggestions are welcome.

Answer Question

Asked by brunzysgirl at 10:53 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • Get a lawyer.

    Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:56 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

  • Ummm well first of all that's a lawsuit for harassment and assault. Also if you were working, had an accident and your doctor will not clear you to work then you should be able to collect disability. So, look into that! I would contact a lawyer immediately!

    Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:14 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

  • Gah! I can not believe this is happening kind of makes you wonder what really happens there especiallly in the food.

    I know you said he can't quit but no one needs to be treated like that I would have to report all these people anonymously try not to let anyone know it was you or your SO. It sounds like everyone there is goofing around and being lazy and the real work is not being done and if so it is being done half ass. He is going to have to find something else for the sake of him you and the baby. Just tell him to apply even if they are not hiring and keep checking back you will never know especially if you do alot of praying we never know what God has in stored for us so b patient and make that move. I pray all works out for you three. Take care and try not to worry. GL

    Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:18 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

  • I would file charges. Then if they fire him or harrass him anymore he can sue the hell out of them.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on May. 1, 2009

  • First step, get a LAWYER! ( pro bono exist EVERYWHERE)
    Second step, take NOTES of the incidents when they happen, who was involved and so forth!
    Third Step: bring in a tape recorder! Make mention that you have one so when you take this as evidence they cant say that you didnt warn them!

    P.S. Is there cameras in this place? If so, supoena them to court when ya go!

    This is something that I wouldnt tolerate the slightest.

    Answer by SweetKYmom at 7:45 AM on May. 1, 2009

  • I would get a lawyer, and set up a harrassement case. Keep on record everything that is going on, times, dates, etc. And file a law suit. Having this on record will help him if they try to fire him over this, because it will already be on file.

    Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:28 AM on May. 1, 2009

  • Contact the EEOC. They will probably handle his case for free.

    Answer by rkoloms at 12:14 PM on May. 1, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.