?diaper cakes?

whats the purpose of these little things? is it just a funny laugh?and who usually makes the diaper cake for the baby shower?

dilemma1

Asked by dilemma1 at 10:56 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• they're cute! i've made some for my friends before
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:56 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• you can actually use the diapers if you get them from a place that doesn't glue them together. and the other stuff in there can be used too, so its more a cute gift kind of thing. and you can order them online or see if someone makes them locally, just check and see how they keep it together. i had a friend pay over $150 for a diaper cake online from a woman who made them out of her home, and it was so much b/c of the stuff she picked to go in it, anyways the woman used super glue on everything so nothing was usable add to that she didn't find out til after she gave it as a gift...way pissed
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:57 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• They are super cute center pieces, that can be used. I made one for my cousin's baby shower.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 11:01 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• if you do it right you are supposed to be able to use everything on it. They are a cute gift and a life saver when they baby comes! anyone can make a diaper cake, or not make a diaper cake. I have also done something similair using bath towels for a wedding, its a fun way to give a gift and doesnt have to be expensive. A couple packages of parents choice diapers ($11 total) a couple different things from teh baby aisle at the dollar store (rattles, bibs, sippy cups, bottles, onsies) anoth $10 $15 max you have a fabulous gift for under $25 that is sure to be the talk of the shower
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:51 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I make them for fun (had a lot of extras) I did sell one before for 30 bucks. I see no point of going over 50 lol. They make good decro around my home lol!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 1:15 AM on May. 1, 2009