How to fully train my Yorkie Mix?

We have a female Yorkie mix, she is almost 2. She is somewhat potty trained. She has accidents sometimes. But almost every night she gets up and poops. We let her out right before bed right around 10pm , and I get up at 4:30 in the morning and let her out. Why does she feel the need to poop in that short time between? Any ideas or suggestions.?

Ambie0526

Asked by Ambie0526 at 11:05 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Pets

• Lol; Have you tried ignoring her? If you give in, she'll learn that by whining, she gets what she wants. Put her in the garage in a crate if you have to, just as long as she gets the point.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 11:35 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Crate training is your friend! Put in in a crate overnight; dogs don't want to poop where they sleep.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 11:21 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I wish I could. She would whine all night...trust me..i would probably get no sleep..lol..she's spoiled rotten..just like our kid..
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 11:34 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Lol..yorkies are sooo needy. I always wanted a yorkie but now I would def double think it about getting another one. I guess If i did i would be sure to get 2 at the same time. She is always in our face wanting attention, to play, or kisses, belly rub..something..so the ignoring her thing doesn't work well..but we will have to try, i will have to inform my hubby of the new rules around here...lol..thanks.
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 11:39 PM on Apr. 30, 2009