When you read an answer from another CM member that makes you lose respect for them, do you then disregard other answers from them?

For example someone gives a really stupid answer or completely wrong information do you then not want advice from them in other areas because of this?
Or when you come acrossed someone with a parenting style that you don't agree with do you then disregard any parenting advice they give later on?
Or if someone asks a question and tells how difficult their children are or how many problems they have to you not want their advice based on their children's problems?
Or if they tell about all their marital problems or their divorce problems and then later on give you marital advice do you decide not to follow it based on that it didn't work for them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't keep up with other people's usernames to remember who gave what advice. That is too much to keep track of. lol. But I do understand what you mean. I know I do that in my life for sure. My SIL is a terrible mother and her kids are very bratty, disrespectful, and constantly fighting. So yea, when she gives me advice I do my best to smile and say "ok" without listening to a word she says.
    Plus, I do believe that just because someone had problems in one area doesn't make them not smart in other areas of life.
    That being said there is at least two CM members who I have read a lot of their answers and completely disagree with them, so I will consider their advice, but also keep in mind what their other beliefs are.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 11:39 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Everyone has their moments. No one is perfect. I never condemn the entire person. I still may hear what I needed to hear, regardless of the way they are or choose to be.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 11:32 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• nope everyone has a different perspective on things, and i ask questions to get those perspectives. my dd may be a hellion half the time, but i learned that with ds i will be stricter from the begining in setting rules and keeping them. so if i can pass that on to someone else, maybe they have learned stuff they can pass on to me, even if it didn't happen that way with them
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:35 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• well, i may not agree with someone in one subject, but i may agree in another. so yeah, i'd still listen to advice. doesn't mean i'd had to take the advice and put it into action, but it's something to consider. and for the marriage thing, yeah, she could be saying something from experience. like if her marriage went down the drain for some reason, she could have learned from her experience and give advice that she wished she had before.
    Anonymous

• i agree with annamac. there are a few people on here who i dont ever agree with on any subject so i usually just pass over their answers but for the most part i read what everyon has to say and at least take it into consideration.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 12:22 AM on May. 1, 2009