did anyone else have a courthouse wedding and regret it

we had ot have one b.c we have no family here all of our family in in another country or at least an 8 hours drive plus we were to poor .i hate i got a cheap ring and i hate i dont have a wedding dress or wedding photos.i know getting married was the most important because im married to the love of my life. I just get really jealous and embarassed when i see other people who had wedding showing off their pics and stuff im only 20 i should have had a wedding (weve been married 2 years btw) .its petty I know but it makes me cry its so pathetic

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• You could always save up and have a renewing of your vows, have the wedding you've been dreaming of.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 11:45 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Sure just renew your vows when ever you get the extra money. I think that would be wonderful.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:50 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Do it up right at your next anniversary. I didn't regret my courthouse wedding. I did however regret WHO I married at the courthouse!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:54 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Hell I'd settle for a courtroom wedding, my SO refuses to get married, he's been married twice almost three times (zero for me) and because they didn't work out I'm being punished for it. Happily ever after.
    feelgoodinc

Answer by feelgoodinc at 11:54 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Save up and have a ceremony! Just because you are already married doesn't mean you can't have the dress and the pictures.. etc! My SO and I plan to have a courthouse wedding, save up to have a large ceremony and reception a year or 2 later.
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 12:01 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I do... but then again, I didn't have very many friends and my family & I weren't close so I don't know who would have shown.
    My husband told me that if I wanted a big wedding... then I was marrying the wrong man.
    He's apologized time & time again for doing that to me. It just is difficult seeing all of my friends in their pretty princess dresses... I wanted that.
    prettylilrae

Answer by prettylilrae at 2:26 AM on May. 1, 2009

• my SO and i were talking about getting married in the court also. but having a huge reception i was planning on buying a really pretty prom like dress so i could still feel like a princess lol but thats just me
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 2:50 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I did and I don't regret it. We bought a house instead. Spend $40g's on something that lasts a day or something you will have for the rest of your life? Easy choice.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:47 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Well ask your husband if you could have a vow renewal ceremony on your next anniversary. If he won't do that (some men don't understand what all the 'fuss' is about for a wedding) then what about the 2 of you have a sitting at a photographer studio? Dress up nice and have some anniversary pictures taken? That way you have fancy pictures to show everyone of you and hubs celebrating your special day.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:19 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I can totally relate to this one... My husband an I decided to get married at the court house for similar reasons. We have been married for almost 8 years now and I do not regret my choice. I felt very sad and jeloustoo.So I know what your going through.I have recently told my husband how I feel about the issue ,And We  have decided to have a ceremony for our 10th anniversary.Thereason I finally said something about it is because I AM Worth IT. Most people spend more on vacations and presents.I know we have, And if this gives me peace at mind than he is all for it.So my advise to you would be to express how you feel NOW and Not Waite. Thats was my  Biggest good luckMistake.Good Luck.
    leo72482

Answer by leo72482 at 8:27 AM on May. 1, 2009