Finding Parents....

Does anyone know how to find a parent? My biofather left as soon as my mom told him that she was pregnant with me. I don't care so much about him (except to maybe know if I look anything like him maybe), but I am curious if his parents even knew I existed or if I have any half siblings. I also want to know about medical history. I now have a 10 month old and I just am a little more curious. I haven't talked to my mom much about this. I will probably, but does anyone have any advice on finding him. I know his name, but not sure of spelling. And I have no idea where he was when my mom dated him or where he could be now. I know nothing but his name, that he as tall and had curly hair.

aly38914290

Asked by aly38914290 at 11:34 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• If you can get a location you can try www.zabasearch.com and I'd even try googling "finding parents" to see if there are agencies who help find a birth parent even if you are not adopted. I know they do it for adopted children.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:53 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• You definitely need to get some more information from you mom. Are you both comfortable talking about him? I'm sure that she will understand why you are curious... Have you seen that show the Locator? Try googling his name, and see if anything comes up, but it would probably help to have a bit more info before doing that, just because it may come back with a lot of results! Good Luck!
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 11:45 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Casually strike up a conversation with your mom and get little bits of info over the next few months (that is if she is uncomfortable talking about him). You'd be surprised how much we can be blessed witht technology. I am looking for info on my ex-husband/sons father and US search is pretty good.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:36 AM on May. 1, 2009