Potty training a cat to go outside?

We trained our cat (6 months) to go out with our Yorkie to "potty". Just wondering if anyone else has? The only problem is now that it's nice she likes to play around a little longer out there.

Ambie0526

Asked by Ambie0526 at 11:35 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Pets

• My cat only goes outside now. My son was in charge if the litter box and he left it too long one time and the cat started going outside to go. Then he would only use the litter box in an emergency. After a couple of months he didn't go in the box at all anymore so we got rid of it.

It really is nice not to have to worry about a stinky litter box any more.

My sister has four cats and her cats go outside by way of a dog door.

Good for you training you cat to go outside...life is sweeter without the smell of a litter box stinking it up. :)
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:45 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• haha..that is so true..thanks.
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 11:47 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• why not train her to go in the toilet...i trained mine....i won't let mine outside but we live in a big city, so they would end up roadkill anyway.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:20 AM on May. 1, 2009

• My sister in law has a cat door. Seriously. The cats go out & potty, or play. It's amazing how well it works.
    prettylilrae

Answer by prettylilrae at 2:33 AM on May. 1, 2009