Pubic Symphesis Seperation during pregnancy and after birth

When i was pregnant with my now 7 month old baby she sat very low especially in the last 2 months and I did'nt realize till after the fact why I was in so much pain and why I still suffer from the same type of pain. I had someone ask, could it be "pubic symphesis seperation?" Well, now that I think about it and have realized how much pain I am in still, that has to be it. Has anyone else heard of this, had this or know how to treat this? I am gettin ready to see a specialized Chiropractor but I had no idea this could even happen and am curious if any of you have had or know someone with this problem.

batsonsgirl

Asked by batsonsgirl at 11:35 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Health

• Hi... I've had SPD (symphisis pubis dysfunction) with my last two pregnancies and it is horrid. Chiropractic care in my last pregancy was the only thing that made it bearable - I highly recommend it - especially since you are 7 months postpartum, which means that your pain is more likely the result of a misaligned pelvis rather than extreme sensitivity to the relaxin. Yoga also can help to realign, gently stretch, and strengthen the pelvis.

Check out the site I linked above, particularly the section on Postpartum. Hope you find relief!

Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 11:51 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• i had the same problem with my dd when i was pregnant with her, it went away after about a year but i'd still get sharp pains in my crotch... now i'm pregnant with my ds and it's happening AGAIN it's very uncomfortable but my OB says there is nothing he can do... they do make these belt things you wear under your belly but since you're not pregnant anymore idk, good luck. i don't think the chiropractor is a good idea though :(
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:40 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• it's kinda funny, cuz i had one adjustment with my regular doc and after a few days felt much better. then, while having sex i think i reinjured myself and have been in pain for over 1 week since
    batsonsgirl

Answer by batsonsgirl at 12:18 AM on May. 1, 2009

• try looking up 'Bowen Therapy' It worked great for me
    Chrissy106

Answer by Chrissy106 at 7:41 PM on Jun. 14, 2009