Finding Parents....

Does anyone know how to find a parent? My biofather left as soon as my mom told him that she was pregnant with me. I don't care so much about him (except to maybe know if I look anything like him maybe), but I am curious if his parents even knew I existed or if I have any half siblings. I also want to know about medical history. I now have a 10 month old and I just am a little more curious. I haven't talked to my mom much about this. I will probably, but does anyone have any advice on finding him. I know his name, but not sure of spelling. And I have no idea where he was when my mom dated him or where he could be now. I know nothing but his name, that he as tall and had curly hair.

aly38914290

Asked by aly38914290 at 11:35 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• seems to me you'd have to talk to your mom to get as much info as you can, and then maybe do a search online. if that doesn't help you may have to hire someone to find him. but either way you'd have to start with your mom. just explain to her like you did here, you are interested in some things, but its got nothing to do with her or anything against her
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:41 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• you could do people finder as long as you can guess his age spelling doesn't have to be accurate but there is a fee!!! GL!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 11:41 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I'd like to find my birth-father too. I was adopted and met my birth-mom about 5 years ago. I have 6 kids, 5 biological and 1 adopted. The 5 all look like me and it gets you to thinking who do I look like. Your question is prompting me to begin a search of my own. I think you will have to get some information from your mom, or hire someone. Even if you hire someone you will need the correct spelling of his name. Good Luck with your search.

susan6xblessed

Answer by susan6xblessed at 11:52 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Not trying to sound rude but considering he knows you are there don't you think if he want to see you or to have his kids if he has any see you he would get a hold of you himself? You might just set yourself up for major disappointment when/if he says he still doesn't want to know you.
    Happymom18

Answer by Happymom18 at 12:38 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Happymom18: As I said in my question I don't really care about him. If I did I would have made an effort to find out information about him long before now. Obviously he doesn't deserve the right to know me. However, his parents might not have ever even known about me. And whether he wants his other kids if he has any to know me or not really doesn't matter to me. I can't see myself being disappointed in him. Its not like I am searching for my long lost daddy to build some sort of bond with.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 6:43 PM on May. 1, 2009