Greasy hair... I NEED HELP NOW!!!

My hair is never greasy unless if I don't wash it for a day. It has been greasy for the past week and it will not go away. I was just wondering if it could be maybe from stress or the hair product I use or what. I tried putting baby powder on today to see if that helps. Just wanted to know if anyone knew any ideas or tips.

dhalinka

Asked by dhalinka at 11:54 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• oatmeal works but I'd change your product...It can be that you are sweating more like it's hotter or more humind where you live...it can be your hair products, what you eat, lots of things. if it's greasy I'd use like a moisturising shampoo but maybe a less moisturising conditioner.
    stummegirl

Answer by stummegirl at 11:58 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Biogenal by Framesi. I love that stuff unfortunately they stopped selling it where I live in Podunk MT. I could go 3 or 4 days with out needing to wash my hair! Of course I would still bath. It comes in a bluish gray bottle. That stuff is amazing. It is spendy tho, maybe try buying it online.
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 12:21 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Don't use to much cond. If you need it just put it on ur ends. Cond. on my scalp makes my hair that way. Also try changing shampoos every so often.
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 12:43 AM on May. 1, 2009

• change your shampoo it might be building up. use a clarifying shampoo once a week (it should leave your hair squeaky clean).
    nairda

Answer by nairda at 1:46 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Using a rinse of 1 part Seabreeze or white vinegar to 3parts water after shampooing was quite effective for me.If you have light colored hair you can make the rinse with lemon juice and it will add highlights,too.Also,try Suave for oily hair shampoo.Goodluck!
    (Yes,stress hormones can make hair oilier!).
    mel59

Answer by mel59 at 2:07 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Its probably humidity. Has it been humid there? Or is it suddenly warmer than usual? Sometimes when seasons are changing your body has to adjust to it.
    I sell Avon and Mark makes a product for second day hair to keep it looking fresh. I know a couple of people who order it to refresh during the day especially after the gym etc. You can try it at www.youravon.com/dhullum use code fsany for free shipping !
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 2:08 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Humidity can do it as can too much conditioner. You can try switching to a clarifying shampoo or you can buy a dry shampoo like the one I use from Zosimos Botanicals and use it in between washings. My hair gets too staticky and dry if I wash every day but too greasy if I don't so I just use a lil bit of their stuff (Simply Sprinkle) and no more problems for me!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Try putting a stale flat beer into your rinse water. Works like a charm.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 1:51 PM on May. 1, 2009