Party ideas for 6th bday party - boy

I've never done this before. Suggestions? At home? At a park? Somewhere like Chuck E Cheese? What is a good idea?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on May. 1, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I'm an expert! How many boys would like to come? would you like a fun theme? Where r you located?
    susan6xblessed

Answer by susan6xblessed at 12:19 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Is there something special that he's into. I have done so many theme parties for boys and girls of all ages. Would love to help you. 

susan6xblessed

Answer by susan6xblessed at 12:22 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I personally would like as few as possible to come. LOL We are in crappy CA. I don't know about theme and all that. I don't know much about children's bday parties.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Like a wedding, set your budget first. Once you have that figured out then I say look into doing it somewhere. I've learned for me, its cheaper to do it outside of my home than it is to do it at home. I spend more money on food, beverage, and decorations than what i would doing it somewhere that even provides set up and clean up. I did my son's 6th birthday party at the movie theater last year. We saw Wall-e at a cobb theater. They have a party room which is FREE to use. I just had to pay for tickets to the movie and I only paid for the childrens (I told everyone in advance thats all I could afford because I also purchased kids packs for the kids to eat...everyone was understanding and ok with it). We then had cake and soda after and opened presents. They cleaned up for me too. Hope this helps a little! :)
    ranze11617

Answer by ranze11617 at 12:25 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Here is my e-mail adress. Please feel free to email me with any questions. There are so many themes and you can do a party anywhere weather permiting.
    susan6xblessed

Answer by susan6xblessed at 12:27 AM on May. 1, 2009

• OOPS heres my e-mail....susan6xblessed@cableone.net
    Susan
    susan6xblessed

Answer by susan6xblessed at 12:29 AM on May. 1, 2009

• He's 6, so mabey have six come. Or you can do five or whatever works for you. We are doing a campout b-day party for my 12 yr son this sat nite. We liv on an acreage in a city, so we can do a bonfire and all. I find something that my child is into ad plan the cake, decorations, games, prizes, everything, picture background and thats how I do my planning. Sometimes it has been a glow in the dark sumber party, or a jungle party or princess party, beach party in our back yard. Instead of ordering a cake you can make a big cookie for th boys~ I have a recipie that taste better than the one from the cookie company and waay cheeper.
    susan6xblessed

Answer by susan6xblessed at 12:42 AM on May. 1, 2009

• For my son's 6th birthday we did a Mardi Gras theme. Everything outside the house was decorated like New Orleans. I borrowed tables and chairs from the neighbors and everything was purple, green and gold. The beads I had at the party were bags and bags of beads I had caught at parades years prior.

I had the fire department come by and show the kids the fire truck. I had beads, cups, masks and dubloons for the kids, prize bags, a huge 2 story water slide, a pinata, cupcake cake, zydeco music, made gumbo and shrimp creole and the kids danced to 2nd Line. They had a blast.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 8:55 AM on May. 1, 2009

• If it's nice weather outside, a water ballon party is fun to do. There are lots of water balloon games to have, just keep one simple rule - no hitting above the waist. A few examples of games are: water balloon toss, relay race, Duck Duck Goose (using water balloon instead of tagging), hit the water balloon with a plastic baseball, water balloon dodgeball (above the waist). There are many kid games using water balloons if you do a seach on the internet. Water balloons are very inexpensive and kids love getting wet.
    norahskids

Answer by norahskids at 5:40 PM on May. 1, 2009