Painful sex after pregnancy?

Ever since i had my son back in september sex has been somewhat painful and unpredictable. sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. it has gotten a little better but not fully. is this normal and if so will it work itself out or does this need medical help?

r_elizabeth2290

Asked by r_elizabeth2290 at 12:38 AM on May. 1, 2009 in Health

• is your period regular? if not I would ask your doctor...it is sometimes painful for me too but if I am on top it isn't. I found out my problem is that I had a problem in my uterus but it's ok now. I'd ask you gyno or doctor.
    stummegirl

Answer by stummegirl at 12:40 AM on May. 1, 2009

• As a result of the birth of my first daughter, I had pain until after my second daughter was born.
    I would talk to a doctor, just because it IS common, but in cases like mine, it doesn't work itself out. It's worth it to try to have something done to end the pain. I know it caused all sorts of stress in our relationship and just for me personally to not feel "normal" anymore.
    MomEveryDay

Answer by MomEveryDay at 12:42 AM on May. 1, 2009

• After my first I had a difficult time having sex because it hurt so bad. I had a big episiotomy...yeeowch!
    It hurt to have sex for the entire first year afterward. But slowly the pain subsided and now things couldn't be better.
    You could and should call your dr if you are concerned. Don't be embarrassed about it either...they have heard it all and won't blink an eye at your questions.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:58 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I would call your doctor. I am having the same problems but I had my son in January. I have actual issues and may need surgery. Sometimes it is nothing, sometimes it is due to nursing, sometimes it is something major.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:40 AM on May. 1, 2009