Should i Keep my son home from school tomorrow?

This evening my 10 year old son began complaining of a runny nose and fatigue. (no fever)I'm pretty sure it's an allergy, but with all this swine flu hype I'm afraid to send him and have the school mad at me. We are in AZ where there has been one confirmed case in a town over 200 miles away, but it is a town we visit weekly.

Phyreglow

Asked by Phyreglow at 1:01 AM on May. 1, 2009 in Health

• i would keep him home im az as well btw :)
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:03 AM on May. 1, 2009

• From what I've seen, they're telling EVERYBODY with any symptoms to stay home 'til they're sure.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:09 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I would at least for 1 day and take him to the doc and have them draw blood and test it for swine flu just to be safe. Hope he feels better soon, Best of luck!!
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 1:10 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I would. And take him to the doc. Better to be safe than sorry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Call your dr have him tested Im sure its just allergy but dont take him to the ER where there is a bigger chance that he can get it .The reason why tfear is because this virus for some reason is mutating Thats why everyone is scared .I work at a hospital and i have already been fitted for prevention in contamination.Give your kid benadryle .No flu meds because if it is the flu his body should beat it himself .But dont send him to school . call the school and let them know .Good luck
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 1:10 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Poeple are being quarantined to reduce the spread lol even cuba said said to hell with they closed the airport
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 1:12 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I have another son with no symptoms. Guess I should keep him home too. Just in case.
    Phyreglow

Answer by Phyreglow at 1:13 AM on May. 1, 2009

• get Manuka honey
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:13 AM on May. 1, 2009

• my kids are on it
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:14 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Yeah keep him home... the last thing you need is to have him sneeze in class and have everyone at the school freak out. I highly doubt he has it.
    ASunny

Answer by ASunny at 1:53 AM on May. 1, 2009