is it just me or what?

I have 3 kids all formula feed ... but my reasoning is it just seems weird to have something sucking on my boobs . am i the only one ..?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on May. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• u r
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:22 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I'm a little weirded out by the idea, but I'm still going to do it so my baby can have a better immune system, and so we don't have to buy formula, that stuff is expensive!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 1:24 AM on May. 1, 2009

• i dont think its weird. its natural and best for baby
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:24 AM on May. 1, 2009

• You're not unusual, if that's what you're asking. A lot of moms have this same reasoning. I disagree, and I hate that our society sends these messages that breasts are sexual and that it's weird to have a baby "sucking on them"... but it does, and some women find that to be a huge barrier to even trying. I hope there's a cultural shift to truly normalize breastfeeding so that our daughters don't have to have their cultural ideas interfere with what is physiologically appropriate.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 1:31 AM on May. 1, 2009

• The milk is going to come out one way or the other you should have pumped it and given that to your kids it contains ingrediants that help the baby's immune sys
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 1:42 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I dont think its weird... but every woman is different!!! I thought that it was weird at first with my first child and then I realized how many women do it and I opened right up to it! Maybe if you educate yourself a little more then you might just change your thoughts on it... if not oh well.... every woman is different!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 1:42 AM on May. 1, 2009

• this is proof of our society brainwashing women into believing breasts are sexual. yet more proof that this society is failing our children... :(
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 1:46 AM on May. 1, 2009

• youre not weird. some people just feel that way. I did breast feed. my best friend wont do it because she thinks its strange. Im not going to judge her like some people would, to each his own.
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 2:23 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I thought it was weird. I did it for 5 months before I dried up. I never felt the bonding thing, I just felt like I was feeding my kid. I bonded in other ways, like play time and reading and rocking; not at mealtime.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 2:36 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Im going to breastfeed and at first I was scared that it would cause some kind of sexual stimulation but I took a breastfeeding class and she told me that your breasts dont get stimulated like that anymore if you breastfeed it actually takes a long time for them to get feeling in em again, maybe thats why a lot of people think its weird im still gonna do it because it protects against colic and helps better their immune system and they learn to talk quicker cause bottle fed babies only use the front of their mouth muscles as to breast fed they use their whole mouth and throat
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 3:03 AM on May. 1, 2009