If someone isn't a Chistian

should they set matters that of Christian beliefs that Christians follow? give examples of why or why not.

lisarose45

Asked by lisarose45 at 2:03 AM on May. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Darn we can't EDIT!!! OK,the Title should read "A Christian"
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 2:04 AM on May. 1, 2009

• NO ! EXAMPLE ABORTION
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 2:05 AM on May. 1, 2009

• huh? should they set matters that of Christian beliefs that Christians follow?

could you rephrase the question? It's been a long day, I have no idea what this means....
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 2:07 AM on May. 1, 2009

• No!!! Its considered as false prophesy
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 2:13 AM on May. 1, 2009

• What is the question?
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 2:42 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Is it just me? I don't understand the question. Not trying to be mean, it's just late.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:48 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Should someone who isn't a Christian have any part in setting what Christians believe?
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 2:53 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I don't know why they would. If your just talking about beliefs, I think that would be a pretty difficult thing to change. If you throw in political agendas, legislating with morals (vs law or ethics), or social issues that is a whole new issue!
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 3:00 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I was thinking of Constantine and the issue of the Trinity, I found lots of interesting things when doing reasearch like: What role did the unbaptized Emperor Constantine play at the Council of Nicaea? The Encyclopædia Britannica states: “Constantine himself presided, actively guiding the discussions . . . Overawed by the emperor, the bishops, with two exceptions only, signed the creed, many of them much against their inclination.”

See, he wan't a Christian, he got Baprized on his Deathbed but wasn't a Christian during the time he was influencing and setting the beliefs.

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 3:07 AM on May. 1, 2009

• and As the pagan Pontifex Maximus—and therefore the religious head of the Roman Empire—Constantine tried to win over the bishops of the apostate church. He offered them positions of power, prominence, and wealth as officers of the Roman State religion. The Catholic Encyclopedia admits: “Some bishops, blinded by the splendour of the court, even went so far as to laud the emperor as an angel of God, as a sacred being, and to prophesy that he would, like the Son of God, reign in heaven.”

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 3:09 AM on May. 1, 2009