ahh.. freaking out!

Ok, i went today to the dr.'s office for an ultrasound to check for anatomical defects, everything was great.. but the dr told my placenta is sitting on top of my cervix! He said not to do anything over exurting, sex (which im not) and lifting heavy stuff (how heavy is too heavy?) and if i have ANY bleeding to go to L&D immediately... has anyone had this before? does it stay for the rest of the pregnancy?

dlepasti

Asked by dlepasti at 2:08 AM on May. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Had this but they forgot to mention it to me for over three weeks and I was lifting because of my job and we even had sex too and the baby was still ok.. BUT don't do any of those things.. I wouldn't have if I knew but they forgot to call me.. Nice doctors huh??...
    Mine did get better but you need to rest and just take it easy.. Follow all the doctor's orders.. I liked the answer above this one about wearing light color undies so you can see if you do start to bleed.. I did and it was so faint I almost missed it but that stopped too and didn't get heavy.. Just becareful, know what to look for and always carry your doctor's number with you and call them to ask questions too.. They understand and you're not the only one who is calling.. And you aren't bothering them, it's their job to help you...
    Good Luck with everything and let us know how things are going for you..
    Halsmommy

Answer by Halsmommy at 1:09 PM on May. 1, 2009

• C SECT I THINK U MAY NEED
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 2:09 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I haven't had it..but if I'm correct, It COULD go to its normal position. That's what I've heard. I think you should research it so you have a better idea of what you are handling.
    I hope everything works out for you!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 2:11 AM on May. 1, 2009

• It will, I have the same problem and my OB told me it should hopefully go back to where it needs to be and if not they'll have to do a C Section, but she never said anything about not having sex.
    She told me to be careful about it but she didn't say I couldn't do it at all.

LadyJayne27

Answer by LadyJayne27 at 2:15 AM on May. 1, 2009

• There is a possibility of correcting itself. my sister in law had this. it fixed itself literally the week before she was scheduled for a c section and she was able to deliver vaginally. as far as lifting, usually you dont want to lift anything more then 10-15lbs. its any weight that will cause you to use force while lifting. the pressure that your body uses while lifting is whats bad. Dont freak out just yet. everything will be fine!! thousands of women get this, and deliver perfectly healthy babies right on time!! Just take it easy!!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 2:15 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Depending on how far along you are it could still move up away from the cervix. It is called placenta previa. If it doesn't move up you will require a csection due to the bleeding risks.
    You will be fine as long as you follow your drs orders.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:17 AM on May. 1, 2009

• im 23 weeks right now ... just scared me.. she kind of acted like it was nothing but very serious...
    dlepasti

Answer by dlepasti at 2:19 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Did the Dr. say it was placenta previa? I don't know if it's this or not. Anyway, I'd do what the Dr. says and try to take it easy.

Amy
    alr516

Answer by alr516 at 2:29 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I have an appointment in 2 weeks they said they will check again because i have had bleeding, went to the hospital once before for it... and the second time it was very little... he said that they would check to see if it was placenta previa, also.. the ultrasound tech said the placenta was completely covering the cervix.
    dlepasti

Answer by dlepasti at 2:31 AM on May. 1, 2009

• ITS PLACENTA PREVIA I HAVE THE SAME THING. MY DR PUT ME ON PELVIC REST ALSO WHICH IS NO SEX, AND AS FAR AS LIFTING I DONT LIFT ANYTHING OVER 10 POUNDS. YOU CAN ASK YOUR DR THOUGH, I JUST DO 10 POUNDS CAUSE I WANT TO BE SAFE. BUT AS YOUR UTERUS GROWS YOUR PLACENTA SHOULD MOVE UP, THAT IS WHAT MY DR TELLS ME. GOOD LUCK AND HERE IS ANOTHER TIP I ALWAYS DO, WHENEVER I USE THE BATHROOM I LOOK AT THE TOLIET PAPER JUST BECAUSE THEY TOLD ME THE BLEEDING CAN START OUT VERY FAINT AND I ALSO DONT WEAR DARK COLORED PAINTIES, HE ALSO SAID THERE WONT BE ANY PAIN WITH THE BLEEDING SO YOU MAY JUST THINK IT IS DISCHARGE, THATS WHY I DONT WEAR DARK COLORS AND ALWAYS WEAR A PAINTYLINER
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:04 AM on May. 1, 2009