does anyone else think people are dying in mexico from the swine flu because of the way they live?

they live so poorly and dont take care of themselves.. Majority... not all but majority. i have family in mexico.. (inlaws) and they really dont live good and dont take care of themselves...

i honestly think they are dying and getting this disease because they do not take care of themselves properly.

and for the poor boy that passed away in texas....
HE WAS VISITING FROM MEXICO CITY!!
HELLO!?!?

does anyone else see this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on May. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I DO and im tired of hearing about it. i mean during the winter schools close all the time bc of the flu. and there are tons of poeple recovering from this on thier own. some people are just blowing this whole thing out of wack. but thats just my opinion.
    bare121807

Answer by bare121807 at 2:46 AM on May. 1, 2009

• i agree 1000% ... not a typo... yes one-thousand lol..

im very sick of hearing about this.
    they are just pointing out EVERY single case that pops up.
    imagine if they did this with regular flu.. car accidents.. shootings...suicides.. etc...

im a firm believe in if you are going to pass away...youre going to passaway... regardless if its the swine flu or something else...

anyway. yes i agree people are dying from it in mexico bc they live VERY poorly dont take care of themselves etc.

MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:52 AM on May. 1, 2009

• it could be that they are contributing to it spreading because of ignorance but it is not the first time outbreaks like this happen. and they don't always happen in areas where we think people are uneducated.
    nairda

Answer by nairda at 3:00 AM on May. 1, 2009

• i am not saying they are uneducated... they live poorly... majority are living in horrible shaped homes...no dentistry....eat poorly....drink a lot...
    sorry but its not even stereotyped.. its just true. they live horrible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:03 AM on May. 1, 2009

• (i have family in mexico...hmmmm)....interesting post. May I share with you my intelligent mind-being a Mexican of Texas roots. I watch a lot of news, alot. As I mentioned previously-very intelligent mind here. Well anyway, there is nothing mentioned of the "class" of people who are dying. So I am concerned with what you mean by "the way they live". As with any country, (especially those of the newer worlds- of past 200 years) on any continent, the indigenous continue to be the poor, stepped over ones of generations ago, who were INVADED by the Europeans (indigenous of 1000 yrs ago). Like America, there are rich and poor (mostly indigenous). While these countries continue to have new immigrants who prosper, America still has "hillbillies" for example who remain poor- Mexico same thing. Just as our poor suffer from lack of education and access to healthcare, so do the poor in Mexico. Poor = low income or poverty to me.
    Anonymous

• why is that an interesting post? and yes i am not dumb i know that america has poor people as well. BUT Mexico has VERY poor health. its very known its not a secret. and when i say poor im not saying money wise... im talking about BAD...or horrible.. just decided to use the word POOR...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:08 AM on May. 1, 2009

• i thought that what made this virus so dangerous was that it would infect people with "healthy" immune systems.. (the healthier you are, the harder it fights).

so if that were true, it wouldn't matter what your living conditions were, or how you lived. i think it could just attack anyone..

isn't that way ppl in their 20s are infected and such? i don't really know. just relaying what someone told me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:20 AM on May. 1, 2009

• no, the CDC is saying it can be anyone... not if your immune systems are stronger.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:21 AM on May. 1, 2009

• oh ok.. so i guess that just kills this question then doesn't it?

-anon:21
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:29 AM on May. 1, 2009

• you are not getting my point. tard
    Anonymous