Where do you put your kitty litter box?

TMI but my dogs eat the kitty litter, but I have no where to hide it. My house is very small and I am not sure where to put it. Where do you keep theirs. the laundry room is out because the dogs sleepin there. In the Kitchen it is just so big and looks so tackey. Would should I put it in my bedroom in the closet or something? Where do you hide your litter box?

Tasha ha

SecretAgentMom2

Asked by SecretAgentMom2 at 4:38 AM on May. 1, 2009 in Pets

• Mine are in the basement. If your bathroom is big enough put them there. You do not want to put them in a closet where you store clothes or linen because then you stuff will smell like cat shit/piss. If you have a utility closet you can do that.
    TomsMom

Answer by TomsMom at 4:56 AM on May. 1, 2009

• When we lived in a really really small house, I tried the bathroom, but ended up keeping it in the kitchen near the laundry area. Now that we have a bigger home, its down stairs right in front of the garage door. I really wanted it more hidden, but we have one of those litter mates and it needs a plug. That was the only plug close by. I love that thing. If you ever get a chance to buy one, I thin its well worth the money.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:12 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Mine is under our basement stairs. We have it closed off, with a door, so the dog can't get in. We cut a hole in the door big enough for the cat.

Could you move the dogs so they could sleep somewhere else? I hate the smell of cat litter and think it would be best in your laundry room.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 11:38 AM on May. 1, 2009

• in the kids bathroom
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 12:21 PM on May. 1, 2009

• closet is good you can get a baby gate to keep the dogs out.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:38 PM on May. 1, 2009

ditto...ours is in a closet in our upstairs bathroom and the cat food is on the counter...only way to keep the doggies away from it...baby gate.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:05 PM on May. 1, 2009

• well if you have the space, you could always put your couch diagnal in a corner, and place it behind there. Our dog also eats the litter so this is where we had ours. We recently rearranged, and got one of those littler pans with the top. We put the litter box against the wall with the door facing backwards, and put our couch on the otherside of the litter box. It is not noticable to our guests and our dog can't get to it.
    Angel8203

Answer by Angel8203 at 2:40 AM on May. 2, 2009

• I have three cats . their litter box is in our bathroom next to our tiolet. We have a dog too. we just try to keep her out of the bathroom. we have one that has the lid / door over it. As for room we live in a rather small one bedroom place here. because the ecomony has bit our but in more than one way.
    mommy5903

Answer by mommy5903 at 6:32 PM on May. 3, 2009

• you can get a cat pan lid with a doorway that's too small for the dogs to get through. that worked for a friend of mine.
    Nikidu

Answer by Nikidu at 9:50 PM on May. 5, 2009