Why is this?

That you see someone out walking their dogs and they have a stick with them? I see this all the time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 AM on May. 1, 2009 in Pets

• A lot of folks let their dogs run loose, and in some areas there are quite a few strays. People that I know who carry sticks do so for their own protection as well as the protection of their dog. I don't carry a stick, but I'm seriously thinking about getting a can of pepper spray to carry with me when I take my dog out. I recently moved into an apartment complex and there is one dog here that has come after my dog 3 times in the last 2 weeks. I try my best to notice when the lady who owns him is out with him, but sometimes she comes out after me or I don't see her when I take my dog out. Her dog sure sees my dog though, and has dragged her across the yard to get to my dog. Just last night the dog almost got into my apartment because it heard me open my door and came charging after my dog. I won't let my kids, myself or my dog get hurt if I can help it... so pepper spray or a stick is a logical choice to help defend. :-)
    DiamondTiger

Answer by DiamondTiger at 6:33 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Playing stick with there dog. People throw the stick back and forth with there dog.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:01 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Why do you care?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:03 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I think they do it to discipline them with it.

Anonymous

• I see the same thing around here to, I see more black folks that do it usually then some others.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:05 AM on May. 1, 2009

• The one that asked why do you care? Must be one of those that do it? lol

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:07 AM on May. 1, 2009

• myb they pik up dog shit by pokng it like wen u pik up trsh wile doin cmmunity srvice becuz thyr 2 lzy 2 bnd ovr!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:09 AM on May. 1, 2009

• y duz it alwys hav 2 b abt "color"?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:14 AM on May. 1, 2009

• wow anon 5:07, ur funny...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:15 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I know people that carry things (pepper spray, large sticks, etc.) when they walk their dogs and it's due to loose dogs in their area.

Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:24 AM on May. 1, 2009