Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What should my friend do?

My friend is married with an infant and pregnant with another. Neither her nor her husband work. Her husband receives SSI. Well all week he has been gone. He has stayed at their house on time since like Sunday or Monday night. His excuses to her are that he is trying to make money for them, but he is doing it an illegal way. She has tried to talk to him about what he is doing but he blows it off and continues to do what he is doing. He doesn't even make an effort to come home to see her or anything. They got into a fight earlier in the week and he THREW his wedding ring at her. Since then neither one of them has wore it. I need help on what to tell her and what to say.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:56 AM on May. 1, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (5)
  • Well if what he is doing is illegal and he doesn't care, then she needs to get out... Find a way on her own or get help from friends or relatives.

    Answer by soonmommyof3 at 7:22 AM on May. 1, 2009

  • From what you have said, she needs to plan on a life without him. She should collect all the money she can into an account in her own name and get job training or a job. Social Services may be able to help her out, but it doesn't sound as though her present situation is much of a life.

    Answer by Bmat at 7:23 AM on May. 1, 2009

  • Their are ways to get out of this relationship and establish one that just includes her and her kids. She does NOT have to tolerate this and shouldnt either. She needs to think about what her KIDS need before her husband. Also, making money the illegal way is not the way to go. Soon or later, he will get caught. Once caught, there is no looking back.

    Answer by SweetKYmom at 7:38 AM on May. 1, 2009

  • If she decides to move out, she can claim part of his SSI for the kids right now. If I were her, I'd get the paperwork in motion and get out before he ends up getting her kids taken away from her and her in jail right beside him (eventually most of them get caught and if he's doing something illegal I hope he does).
    My BIL lives in the same house with my nephew but they get seperate checks, so that lady needs to find out if he's getting one on the child and start talking to SS office to see about it if he's not.

    Answer by lisa_ann_p at 7:59 AM on May. 1, 2009

  • well he has two kids from another girl so those two bcome first before her kids. He was never married to the other girl though.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on May. 1, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.