Biden would avoid subways, planes after swine flu outbreak

Are you going to do what the vice- president recomends? they finally let him speak after 101 days.

Biden is kind of in the hot seat because of this and the airlines were outraged, as well as Mayor Bloomburg from New York who rides the subway himself, was upset already with the air force one problem.

Here is a link:
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0409/21925.html

tyme4me2day

Asked by tyme4me2day at 7:19 AM on May. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• He was telling the truth and quite frankly since people in Ny and WDC have this being in acinfined space would spread it faster esp. since it is spread through the air . Just think Legionares disease all over. Because this thing could get in tth eair conditioning unit and blown all over again and again.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 7:22 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Sorry I agree with him. Why would one put themselves in harms way with this knowing it is spread through the air as well. They may not have liked what he said but truth is truth and he should not have been beaten up for protecting himself and his family
    singedwingangel

Answer by singedwingangel at 7:23 AM on May. 1, 2009

• now that the swine flu is here in Georgia, I have mix emotions about the out break. On one hand I want to take every precaution, but on the other hand I can't help but think about all the people/companies that are already *on the edge* so to speak because of all the financial problems. The industries that are just hanging on by a thread, could be in some serious trouble by the end of the month the way this thing is going....

This could be the nail in a lot of proverbial coffins.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 7:25 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Personaly Im glad Biden told the truth. All Obama can do is lie.

Washington is trying to backtrack and fix Bidens comments.
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 7:27 AM on May. 1, 2009

• He was speaking honestly, for his family. Common sense would tell you, if there is an outbreak in your state... use caution. especially in crowded closed areas. Without the swine flu, NYC and subway system is a breeding ground for disease. dirty and disgusting
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:31 AM on May. 1, 2009

• If most of America didn't know Biden was an idiot, there could have been panic. Many people don't have private military escorted planes to take them to work.  What a tool.

myame

Answer by myame at 7:59 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Remember that Biden didn't get permission to speak before he did (the fact that he needs to be "censored" is telling). And now the administration is going to have to apologize for him...again.
    ProudTexan71

Answer by ProudTexan71 at 8:51 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I don't see anything wrong with his comments. I know many people who canceled their vacation to Mexico long before when VP spoke about.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Oh yea, I wouldn't be traveling to Mexico at this point. I do take this seriously, but the word seems to be, even on the our local news, is that even if you GET this flu, that unless you are seriously ill, stay home, treat it like the regular flu and don't run to the emergency rooms. My pediatrician used to say, "Don't run to the emergency room with a slight fever and vomiting. Save that for people who are dying. Treat your child and call the doctor in the morning." I found this advise to save me thousands of dollars and it helped me to be confident as a mother in caring for my child.

I think with all the school closings, its just a good excuse for days off. Hey, I'm all for taking the day off!! LOL How many realize that a person with TB can cough in the air walking down the mall, and you can walk thru that space 15 min. later and get it?
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 9:15 AM on May. 1, 2009

• For crying out loud. He was giving his opinion. If I was in NYC I wouldnt ride the subway either if I had a choice.

Some of the comments on this subject just make me laugh. If the President or Vice President said " I think that this evening at 8pm we should all jump off the highest point you can find", uhmmmmm would you do it?????????? Just because it was suggested by a high ranking official?

The man gave his opinion and people are ready to string him up.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 9:39 AM on May. 1, 2009