Is there a weight limit for the Angel Care SIDS monitor? If so, what is it?

ChihuahuaMama4

Asked by ChihuahuaMama4 at 7:56 AM on May. 1, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Angel Care isn't a SIDS monitor. It's for apnea. If SIDS happens, it's too late by the time the monitor goes off.
    Anonymous

• I have one too... I don't think there is a limit on the weight. My son is about 21 lbs and it still is working fine.
    And while it's NOT a SIDS monitor... the anon poster isn't correct. If the monitor went off it wouldn't be too late if it were SIDS... SIDS happens because the baby stops breathing... but just because they aren't breathing doesn't mean they have died.... the alarm would aleart you to go check your baby and either stimulate them to breath or start CPR... and our baby with the monitor would most likely have a much better outcome than those who didn't find the baby until morning!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 7:30 AM on May. 2, 2009