For all that just like to eat.....

I would love to drop a couple pounds but I can't seem to do it. I eat just to eat! I am home all day and find myself snacking all day and it is mainly junk. What can I do to stop this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:04 AM on May. 1, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I have to buy snacks like chips and things for my husbands luch so I buy things I don't like that way I am not tempted to eat them! Like I buy the flavor chips he will eat by don't but the ones I like too.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 8:12 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Lunch...sorry
    MommaM2

• Try to keep yourself very busy. When you get the urge to eat do something outside away from the kitchen. Get in the car & go somewhere. Take the kids to the park, take a walk. Drink tons of water.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:15 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Yep...feel your pain. Sometimes I feel hungry all day, I crave sugar or basically anything. Then there are days that I know Im not hungry, but I just want something in my mouth. UGH! is so frustrating and Ive put on a few pounds like that too. I told my husband that and his response was this.."well, I can give you something to put in your mouth".....not funny. I rolled my eyes at him.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:06 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I know what you mean you feel like you are just doing it for fun because you're not really hungry just to have something in our mouths...atleast it feels like that to me.

Sometimes I am strong and sometimes I give in the days I am strong I try so hard to ignore the cravings it is so easy to just pop in that junk and only to get a small satisfaction until the next time which is really not that long and there we go popping something else it does get old.

I usually try to tell myself ok I don't need this and just have a small bite then I try to drink water but it is so hard we are in the same boat, but it is really up to us to make that change. GL

I have even thought of doing some kind of workout in the gargage with one of my DVD's and do alot of sweating that is the key....sweating. Hope this helps much.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:27 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Don't buy the junk. cut up crunchy veggies like carrots, romaine and celery to dip in hummus or salad dressing.
    Eat an apple or an orange.
    Eat a bowl of brown rice with a splash of soy sauce.
    Drink a big glass of water.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:52 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Fill up on water....easier said than done!
    monkeyberry

Answer by monkeyberry at 12:29 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Start smoking... LOL just kidding... everyt ime you want to eat something bad, make yourself do 10 pushups instead!
    kflwrgrl

Answer by kflwrgrl at 12:49 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Keep your teeth brushed &/or gum in your mouth, people tend to eat less when their mouth is fresh. Also, drink plenty of water & do stretches throughout the day.
    Anonymous