TTC~but says to wait a few months.

Hi, DH and I decided a few months ago to ttc a baby. We have been trying and he knows I have been anxious for the time next week to see if my cycle comes or not. When we started trying I got off the ring that I had been on for a few years and we thought that being pregnant by August would be perfect for us. Now when we talk about it, he's not against it, but he says "It's not August yet". It kinda gets me down like I'm doing something wrong, wanting this too soon maybe. He knows I'm off the ring, using fertility monitor, charting daily but he's a wait and see kind of person. He shows me sometimes that he is excited about a baby but then other times that he's not as eager as I am.

How should I handle this if we are pregnant this month and I find out he's not as excited as I am? I want this to be a "joint effort" in celebrating this as much as it is to conceive him/her. Am I wrong to feel like this? Am I too senstive?

lilbit022009

Asked by lilbit022009 at 8:14 AM on May. 1, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I think he will be, he is just trying to protect your feelings if you are not pregnant. He sounds very invested in the process, and is just being a bit cautious knowing that sometimes it takes a little time. Just relax and it will happen, and I am sure your hubby will be happy too! Guys just don't display as much emotion! Good luck!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 8:51 AM on May. 1, 2009