Is it possible to get a sore throat if you snore...lol???

I'd like to think that I don't snore but this morning I woke up with a sore throat so I made me a cup of coffee and the warmth seems to help it, but does snoring cause the sore throat?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on May. 1, 2009 in Health

• I think having your mouth open all night could definitely cause a sore throat. It probably dried out your throat and sinuses. That doesnt mean you snore, but you could just not have your mouth completely closed. Also if you sleep with windows open or a fanblowing on you...It dries you out..
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:00 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Yes, you can get a sore throat from snoring. But, most morning sore throats come from post nasal drip. Sinuses.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:19 AM on May. 1, 2009

• yes of course you can get a sore throat from snoring.. im an avid snorer (so ive been told haha) and i always wake up with a sore throat.. I asked my doctor and he said its because air is going in your throat roughly because you are making loud noises.. just like if you were at a concert making loud noises all night then your throat would be sore the next day.. You are vibrating your throat and it tends to get sore.
    casper4991

Answer by casper4991 at 1:09 AM on May. 2, 2009