a spin on that question,

ok we got it the non married thing.my question is what do you think is the lowest class a person can do or maybe the worst a mother can do to make them low class even if they are wealthy???i am not talking about having babies out of wedlock just in general.

raineydays377

Asked by raineydays377 at 8:28 AM on May. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• Low class to me is not securing your kids in a car seat and letting them roam in the car when you drive. Have some sense please. I see mothers do this and it's just stupid. They wear a seat belt but don't secure their babies in carseats. Or women that dress like trash in front of their kids. I don't get that. I'm not a prude but I think as a mom you have a responsibility to set an example for your kids. They pay attention to what you say and what you don't say. I see mothers with their asses hanging out of their shorts, boobs jacked up in low cut tops and they are shopping with their little ones. Have some class. Cover it up and have some self respect, your children are watching you.

lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 8:32 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I agree with lilbit022009. Class has more to do with what you do, say, and how you dress, more than how much money you have. A woman with low class, to me, is just generally rude for no reason, dresses like a skank (for lack of a better word), and doesn't act any better in front of her kids. A "high class" woman should be well-mannered and polite in every aspect.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:50 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Low class to ME personally is taking your kids out in public with only a diaper on. Or sometimes I see a diaper and a shirt but no pants or shoes. When I leave the house, I dont freakin care if I am going to the dollar store, my kids are dressed in their nice clothes, with shoes on and hair combed. I thin its also low class to refuse to take the cigarette out of your mouth before talking to someone, much less telling them to kiss your ass...LOL. I think its about how a person behaves too. I cant stand loud mouth boisterous people. This is not about money either.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:56 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I so agree with all of you! I was at walmart in the check out one day and there was a girl in front of me with her baby in the front of the cart, he was chewing on a little football and had some really cute shoes on, and an adorable hat on him, anyway, she was paying for 2 outfits and some other stuff and as she was handing the money to the cashier they surrounded her, come to find out, she had stolen, the toy the baby was chewing on, the shoes and the hat. It was so sad she had given all of that to the baby and put the baby in the middle of it . That's low class to me. If you're going to be a thief, at least don't involve your baby, and grow up and set an example for your child..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:52 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I agree pretty much with the above posts (I'm okay with diapered babies, though - sometimes there's good reason for that) - but I have a real issue with foul language, especially in public, but even when "flaunted" at home (I've seen a lot of posts where people say they use foul language a lot and seem almost proud of it). That, to me, is low class.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 10:16 AM on May. 1, 2009

• hmm thanks everyone...i think my point is that you can be poor and still have class,single mom still have class.i think it is all relative...
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 10:53 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Martial status or the amount of money you have does not determine class. Class is about how you act and talk, how you carry yourself, etc. Just because you are married doesn't mean you have more class than us single people.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:44 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Low class?? Well, there is an entire group of families on the outskirts of our town. They have no runing water or electricity, are filthy, smell like poop, and the little kids are filthy, all pink eyed, and full of lice etc. They all swap partners, so nobody knows who the real daddy to any baby is, and I know for a fact that more than 1/2 of the little kids are sexually abused. I know a girl who is grown now that was raised there, and she got out and never looked back. She was so abused, and she said that many of the girls would be swaped around by age 12. She said her fathers moto was "if they are old enough to bleed, they are old enough to breed." He should be shot. Anyway, I know that it is all way icky and sorry because I know it is freaky, but it happens all over the country. To me that is as low class as it gets. Rock bottom, under the dirt, lower than scum.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on May. 2, 2009