Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What the heck is this on his tongue???

I bought this over the counter medicine for my son (7yrs.) who has been having this weird looking stuff on his back side of his tougue it looks weird like a crater like a small one but enough to say ooh that looks ugly almost the size of a small pea but imbeaded in the tongue he says it bothers him I think bc he might b biting it he says he isn't so I appy this medicine called "Kanka" it's for mouth pain in a liquid. It did work for awhile but then it came back like what could it be?

Should I take him to go see a dentist, ENT, or our family doctor? Thanks Ladies

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on May. 1, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

Answers (3)
  • I'd ake him to the family doctor since it's on his tongue, for starters, not his gum or tooth. If it's something that should be seen by an ent they'll let you know. Good Luck mommy, poor son. Hope he feels better!! Have him rinse with room temperature salt water too to ease the discomfort, that can also help decrease any swelling. Not too salty though and just barely warm water mixed with the salt. If ds can taste a lot of the salt and barely any water then it's too salty.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on May. 1, 2009

  • Salt water shoudl work but I woudl talk to your family Dr.

    Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 12:05 PM on May. 1, 2009

  • Pediatrician

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on May. 11, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.