When did you start using the big bathtub for your baby?

I have one of those little travel tubs that fold out, which I thought it was the size of all the other baby tubs. But now my little girl is 4 months old, and has outgrown the baby tub. Can I go ahead and use our bathtub? When did you start using the big tub for your baby? (Just for clarification, I'm talking about the porcelain tub in your bathroom, lol!) I just don't have the money to buy another baby tub. Should I just get those little hammocks you stick in the big tub to prop up her head? How did you start in the big tub, and how old was your baby?

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 8:41 AM on May. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i still use the kitchen sink for lily and shes 5 months so....
    lilysmommy1408

Answer by lilysmommy1408 at 8:56 AM on May. 1, 2009

• My guy is a little over a year and still uses his baby bath tub.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I waited until the baby could sit up on their own, I just wasn't comfortable using the tub aids for infents because to me they are not fool proof! MY OP!!! Now can shower or bathe with her until she can sit up on her own if you can't find something you like or aford!!! I know they make huge sponges to prop the baby up but again I wasn't sure how helpful it could be. Look into on target.com or walmart.com, google the products you like best and go from there.
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 8:48 AM on May. 1, 2009

• We never bought a baby tub and immediately (after the first few 'wipe down' baths) starting using the big tub. We used a floaty thing they have at Babies R Us to support baby and got a kneeling pad for our knees. IMHO the baby bath tubs are just a waste of money.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Well, I bought it used for $5, so 4 months of use is well worth $5, lol. Any other opinions out there?
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:52 AM on May. 1, 2009

• My DD is still in her baby tub and she is 9 months old. But, I say if you are going to put her in the bathtub, wait until she can at least sit up on her own. We actually put the baby bathtub in the big tub. It uses less water to fill up than filling up the bathtub, so in the long run, you could be saving money by buying a used baby bathtub.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 8:57 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I started to use our bathtub when she was 9 months because she hated baths but she loves showers:) Plus she can stand on her own and sit straight up on her own too, until then I would just buy a toddler tub:)
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:22 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Oh duh! I don't know why I didn't think of the kitchen sink!!! Lol
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:36 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I didn't put my oldest in the big tub until he was about 9 months. Before that he had outgrown his tub as well, so from 6-9 months, I just took a bath with him. Seems a little odd now to think back on it, but if you simply can't afford to get another tub that would be my suggestion.
    My2BoyznMe0508

Answer by My2BoyznMe0508 at 9:47 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I took a bath with her until she could sit up by herself really well.
    Imaginaryfriend

Answer by Imaginaryfriend at 10:02 AM on May. 1, 2009