• In the Spotlight:

Do you want another baby but can't afford one?

I miss being pregnant and am so ready for another child but can't afford another one, much less the one we have in the recession. We aren't going to get pregnant though since we can't afford one, but I really wish we could. Anyone else feel this way?

ABPeterson

Asked by ABPeterson at 8:44 AM on May. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i fel the exact same way but i don want another one with th guy im with he wont grow up...hesa great dad but so immature and thinks he gets his money and to watver he wants with it and that i get to pay all the bills and but diapers, wipes, formula, baby clothes and but all the food and he gets to put his money towards whatever he wants....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Me too. But unless I win the lottery and get a bigger house, that is not going to happen.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 9:29 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I want another one too! But before we do, we need a bigger house!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Sort of ... DH and I talked about this the other night and how I was thinking about trying again when our son is 18 months, which would be around November. But we can't afford to have 2 in daycare. I'm only working part time because my hours were cut and we're doing alright with DH working full time, plus my check, to support ourselves and our son comfortably. But once you throw another child in there, and knowing how much things cost now, my paycheck would be worthless. And we can't afford for me NOT to work.

We'll probably try for #2 tis time next year, which would put our kids less than 3 years apart. Hopefully, by then, the economy will be picking up and I'll be bringing in a bit more money.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 11:25 AM on May. 1, 2009

• You can get help legally :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I already had two dc, and i want more, but my husband is unemployed and i am partially disabled. i live with my inlaws so help with a baby wouldnt be hard to find. its just that financially we dont have the money for more kids. i am applying for ssi, but my husband wishes i could just find a way to be happy with the kids i do have. i just feel like our family isnt finished yet
    jessiecrafty1

Answer by jessiecrafty1 at 11:11 PM on Oct. 27, 2009