• In the Spotlight:

Hanging crib toys?

My little girl is 4 months old now, and likes to roll over and play when she wakes up. So, I put 2 different toys in her crib that tie to the bars so she could have something entertaining. Well, I thought I got the on good, but she got ahold of the strings and untied the bottom part that she could reach and slid it down so she could see everything. I thought I tied a double knot, but now I'm not sure.... How do you keep those tied, or where they can't be pulled? Or maybe she's just a genius....lol.

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 8:45 AM on May. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have the same thing for my daughter. She's 5 months now and she got into them as well I don't know how because I myself can't even get them un-done ha. We just took them out, since when she wakes up she usually cries or starts "singing" LOL not really but she just starts blabbing away to herself and we hear her through the radio. Then we just give her, her toys in our room so she can play.

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 9:14 AM on May. 1, 2009

• That is possible(her being a genious!!!)! My first born was starting to scoot at about 5 months, so I laid a blanket down on the floor and laid him on it. Well I put blocks on the opposite end and he got on his knees and started scooting but wan't getting any where so he stopped looked at the blocks thoughtfuly and yank he pulled the blocks to him!!! I was floored! Now you need to tie it to a spot more eye level for her. And double knot it.
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 9:06 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Well, I just checked them, and they were double-knotted! The top two strings are still tied in double knots, but the bottom one, she untied to pull it down over the bumper pad!!! Haha, I guess she is just a genius! :-P So should I take out the bumper pad so she can see the toys?
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:35 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Gavin is 6 months now but he has always had one of those music box things with the fish. We recently put up a tie on toy that he can pull on and it makes noises. I would just make sure to check the knots daily to ensure that the double knot is staying.
    My2BoyznMe0508

Answer by My2BoyznMe0508 at 9:59 AM on May. 1, 2009