City or Rural??

Do you think people in the city or rural area are more rude? I think the ones in the rural are real bad when it comes to attitude and such. Having seen this with my own eyes AND experienced it. The people in the city are more fast paced and dont have much time to cock an 'tude but the people in teh country seem like they got alot of free time to do nothing more then b**** about anything and everything.
Id love to see what everyone else thinks. No bashing just speak from experience please

SweetKYmom

Asked by SweetKYmom at 8:45 AM on May. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think city people are f*king rude when they get out in the country! I live out in a VERY rural area, and you wouldn't BELIEVE some of the stuff "city people" do when they get out here. I've had people --complete strangers--knock on my door and ask if they can use my bathrooom. I've come home and find some idiot pulled up in a 35 foot RV on my front lawn and merrily filling the fresh water tanks from my lawn hose, like it was free. Try to cut down the tree in my front lawn because he "has a wood-cutting permit". Park an RV across my driveway blocking access and when my husband knocks on the door and asks him to move it so we can get out and go to work, he asks "Do you know what time it is? We aren't up yet." Allow their little tween age brats to climb and jump and tear around in our apple trees, breaking branches or dislodging small apples, Hunting on posted land making it unsafe for my grandchildren to play outside...
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 8:59 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Wow, I have lived the "Rural" life all of my life and in my experience, when I've gone to the city, I haven't ran into many rude people. Except when driving. I like the country life, the town down the road has festivals and such and it draws a lot of city people and they all seem to love the country life. They say they wish they could live a more laid back lifestyle. Personally I don' tlike the fast paced lifestyle, our kids can play on our property with our dogs, and not be bothered. We have 4x4 vehicles, dirtbikes, etc and it's nice to be able to do what we want. Or we go down the road to the neighbors and hop on the gator and go for a ride in the woods with the kids. We don't have get a tude when people stop off the highway and ask for help when they run out of gas, my husband has given rides, even lent money to a couple that didn't have any. We like to think people are people no matter where you're from.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:12 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Wow, my experience is definitely opposite of yours!! Where I live, the city is full of snobs, and the country/rural area is where all the nice folk live. Right now, I live kind of in between, but I want to get a house out in the country so bad!!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:40 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I'd rather live where I live.. in the country. People here work hard, and live a good life, and you don't have to deal with the violence of the cities, because most people around here have a gun, and know how to use it if threatened. So we don't have to worry about walking down the streets, and getting shot at by some little punk. Our neighbors look out for eachother, even when we dont' like eachother.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:49 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I feel totally the oposite! I hate city living. Lord the trashy ass people and talk about rude! I love living in the country, a small town where you actually know who your neighbors are. I don't worry about leaving my car unlocked or letting my kids play in the yard.
    "Green Acres is the place for me,
    Farm Livin is the life for me.
    Land spreadin out so far and wide
    Keep Manhattan, just give me that country side!"
    Green Acres we are there!!!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:10 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I'm a country gal and city living is not for me.
    Country folk are helpful towards one another and willing to lend a hand to a stranger in need - trust me, I know.
    In the city I find that most people are either too busy in their little bubbles to notice other people around them or they think of themselves so above everyone else that they treat people from the country and suburbs with such disrespect.
    Give me country folk over city people any old time!!! ♥
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:00 PM on May. 1, 2009