What can I do?

My hubby has been out of town for a week spending time with his parents. My son and I stayed home because he had the TAKS (standardized testing) test this week and couldn't miss school. I have been very busy this week and when he called each night I have been some what distracted while we were talking. Last night he asked if I even missed him. I told him of course I did.. but he said it feels like I havent even wanted to talk to him. This really wasnt the case, I have just been really busy with fundraising for the 3 day, and a bunch of other things. But now I feel kind of bad. We will be picking him up from the airport tomorrow and I was thinking about doing something special to show him we did miss him.. but what? Do you ladies have any suggestions? I just want to show him we did miss him and that he is important to us. Any ideas are appreciated. (house is clean and yard is done, I am looking for other ideas) Thanks!!

Tzutchka

Asked by Tzutchka at 9:03 AM on May. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• Send the kid to a babysitter and show up at the airport wearing nothing but a trench coat. Don't get out of your car if you don't feel comfortable in public like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Make him a cake. I know it's an old idea, but men always like cake or other sweet foods, and they have some idea that it takes time and shows love.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on May. 1, 2009

• WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE SOMETIMES OTHER THAN VALENTINES DAY!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 9:08 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Take him out to dinner, someplace he's not been to yet but possibly wanted to try. Have your son make him a sign that says Welcome Home Dad!
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 9:21 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I wouldn't send the kids to the babysitter... they've missed each other too.
    I'd have a big banner hanging in the house, with snacks/foods, some balloons and let the kids make some posters saying welcome home, we missed you, so glad you're home etc... and he'll feel like you put a lot of time in to his homecoming maybe and the kids will have fun too :)
    My hubby is gone so much anymore tho that we get used to it so it's no big deal and we talk several times a day while he's gone so if one of us is busy we just call back later but it's good that he's wanting you to miss him :)
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:52 AM on May. 1, 2009