If a murderer/rapist/child molestor accepts "God" on his/her deathbed...does he/she go to Heaven?

If so, that's not very fair, is it? It's almost like a free pass to do whatever you want as long as you accept "God" on your deathbed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on May. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Oh yes.... to my understanding you can rape, pillage, and burn down villages full of innocent children during your entire life.... Just "accept Jesus into your heart and say out loud that he is your savior" and your all ok again! at least that is the way some people describe their "loving and forgiving god"

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on May. 1, 2009

• No! Because when you accept God and I mean with all your heart, your current situation holds no influence on accepting God into your life! TO ME its ALMOST like denying your faith just to save your physical life(God decides our final fate)!!! MY OP!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 9:14 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I don't believe in all that, but I would hope not. Why would "god" want sick men and women in his "heaven" if they are doing these horrible things to "his creation". I believe once you die it doesn't matter what you accept into your life your put in the ground and bugs eat your body until your nothing more than dust and bones. I have different beliefs than most but if you can rape, kill or molest someone you should be burnt to death in my opinion without the option of final words or religious convictions as you took those rights away from the ones you hurt along the way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Yes.
    The only thing that matters is that the person get "saved." It doesn't matter where, when or how or what their past was like.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 9:17 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Yes, a sin is a sin to God. That sin would be equal to telling a lie. (I know, hard to grasp isn't it?) As soon as someone repents their sins.. God has no memory of that sin anymore. (Again, hard to grasp! Especially since we may forgive but WE always remember).
    Also, its no as simple as saying those words. God knows their heart and knows if they truly mean it or not.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 9:21 AM on May. 1, 2009

• If the person has a TRUE heart change and is repentent for the actions in their past. Hey, sin is sin. Theres no good sin or bad sin. Its all the same, but the earthly consequences are much different. In Gods eyes...its all sin. Its not fire insurance. He cant just recite a prayer and say okay, im saved and Gods going to accept me. God looks at our hearts, not all the crap weve done in our lives. Thats why good behavior doesnt get you anywhere. I can make myself behave (like I did at the ballpark last night) but inside I was fuming and cussing...LOL
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:21 AM on May. 1, 2009

• not*
    amy31308

• No. I believe the God of all things good no matter our religions is very very smart and knows when someone is bs. A dying person who's done horrific deeds works to be saved for their ego to be seen to be better to other humans. But the God who put together the genes of life and earth is still highly intelligent. When the door to death opens at that instant, that murderer, rapist, abuser is being taken into hell.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Yes. I know nobody wants to hear this but... we are simply here playing a part. Yes, it's best to try living a "Godly" life and MOST of us are drawn to do so (because it's in our genetic makeup). But some just don't know how to do that - based on their upbringing or mental status or whatever. GOD doesn't turn anyone away. The thing is, see, we're not who we are. Our spirit is NOT our human appearance. IOW, who we are in spirit in not necessary who we are in human form. Sometimes the side of us that is human (sometimes referred to as ego) is more powerful than our spirit while we're here on this chaotic planet.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 9:25 AM on May. 1, 2009

• ...sad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on May. 1, 2009