I was on the nuvaring for one month and hated it.. so I didn't put a new one in.. should I start my period on time this month? Like does it effect it or not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on May. 1, 2009 in Health

• You may be a little late or early. Your hormones will change after you start or stop any form of birth control unless its just a condom. So don't worry if its late a few days.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on May. 1, 2009

• You haven't had a period yet!? ANYTHING can throw your cycle out of whack! If your bc affected your hormones enough you could start period earlier, later, or up to 3 months later(if you're super stressed and had significant change in your weight up or down it can be thrown off until you're stress comes down about 50% and no longer have significant weight changes!). If you notice pregnancy symptoms and no period this month do a pregnancy test. For piece of mind call ob!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 9:24 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Well that depends on how you used the ring. Some women leave it 4 weeks and then change, some do how the insert says 3 weeks, one week off, new one. If you followed the insert then you should have a period immediately after removeing it and then it may or may not take your body some time to get on track. Personally I had a period then I had a 32 day cycle, then a 30 day cycle, then a 28 day cycle, and then got pregnant (the plan and why I stopped using the ring).
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 1:00 PM on May. 1, 2009