32 lbs and only 12 months old!

I recently went to a 1st b-day party for my cousins son. He's 2 months older than my son and weighs 32 lbs! And is about 2 0r 3 inches shorter than my 28.5 inch 10 month old! Am I wrong for thinking that it's not healthy? I'm not trying to be mean in anyway. I mean it'd be one thing if he were really tall but he's not. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on May. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• That sounds huge to me, but all of my kids are skinny. I wouldn't worry too much if you know the baby is seeing a pediatrician on a regular basis; I am sure the doctor will know if and when there is real cause for concern.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:06 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I met a baby a few weeks ago that was 9 months old and 30 lbs, he was in 2T cloths already, his ped. wanted him started on 2% milk. he just seemed to be hungry. babies should eventually even out. That's what one of my friends baby's did, he got around 25 lbs around 8 or 9 months and just sorta evened out. I would just be concerened if they were in the 2-5 age range and rather overweight, that might signify a bigger problem.
    smltwnmom

Answer by smltwnmom at 10:08 AM on May. 1, 2009

• My son was 22lbs when he was 6 months old, and he wasn't tall. Now he's 6' and 132, nothing to worry about
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:08 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Thanks and fair enough. I guess I'm just so used to my sons size and the teeny tiny 15 month old girl I watch it was just a shock to see him, he's a beast! A cute one, but a beast! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on May. 1, 2009