It occurs to me...............................................

if I have to see a huge tax hike, and I didn't vote for Oblahblah, should I love it when everybody else, 'cept the people who get a monthly check as they don't pay taxes anyway, get screwed with tax increases, too.

Should I love it when they have to pay 1 million dollars for a carton of cigs now or have to return parts of their tax returns ?

Should I cry?.................

mustbeGRACE

Asked by mustbeGRACE at 10:11 AM on May. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• wah wah wah grow up and get over it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on May. 1, 2009

• And she's back! I feel like the earth is back in alignment again. I was getting scared for a moment.
    Imaginaryfriend

Answer by Imaginaryfriend at 10:20 AM on May. 1, 2009

• So the questions is: How should you feel about the tobacco tax? I say, feel okay about it. Remember, that while you are not a smoker, (my own dad and grandmother died of emphysema), you might not want other products that you enjoy to have an increased tax.

At the same time, I hate tobacco products and what it does to the body ( my mother who never smoked a day in her life, but who now has lung issues b/c of my dads and her moms smoking.)

I think that if the government would stop all the stupid spending, then they would not be motivated to create more taxes in any area, other than for imports, to which I am for.

lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 10:33 AM on May. 1, 2009

• LOL @ Imanginaryfriend
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 10:57 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Your HUGE 3% tax increase? Is that what you are referring? You do know that Bush only made it TEMPORARY right? So it isn't being raised by Obama, it is going back to where it was in 1999.

and P.S. the whole tax cuts creates jobs argument....Bush PROVED once and for all that it doesn't work. He had to borrow BILLIONS fron China due to the short fall in the budget because of the temp. tax cuts (not to mention the TRILLIONS for the WARS)

and PS, your hero Reagan was smart enough to realize this too....He gave a tax cut...then realized it was TANKING thye budget. so he RAISED them more than any other peace time president EVER........and George H.W Bush also RAISED them....
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:57 AM on May. 1, 2009

• and PS, your hero Reagan was smart enough to realize this too....He gave a tax cut...then realized it was TANKING thye budget. so he RAISED them more than any other peace time president EVER........and George H.W Bush also RAISED them....

I thought things were really bad after they were both in office and Clinton saved the day. I guess not yeah for Bush Sr and Reagan.lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on May. 1, 2009

LOL @ Imanginaryfriend

This question is for people affected by taxes other than for cigarettes and/or lottery tickets, girls.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 11:06 AM on May. 1, 2009

• LOL, good Grace...cause I don't smoke and I've never purchased a lottery ticket.
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 11:14 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Oh, I'm sorry.............................

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 11:16 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Oh well, why whine about it? What good does it do? Do you think the government really cares what you think?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on May. 1, 2009