Do you believe in making a big fadango for your child's b/day?

I mean some parent's really go all out weather the child is turning one, two, three.

I would only splurge on them when they are older to understand that they are having a party, but then again you can celebrate while being so young you can show your pictures to them, but it is a headache to go through all that I'd rather wait to go all out, don't get me wrong I do celebrate their b/days but in a cheaper way. Either way they love it and have fun.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on May. 1, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I have a hard time setting up Birthday parties. I feel horrible about it, but the last thing i want to deal with making a kid party, w/ a dozen kids running around. We usually go do something fun, & I let her bring a friend, like this year we went snow tubing. This was a lot more fun for mom & dad too. Of course she gets gifts too, but not many. She knows i refuse to spoil her w/ unnecessary junk.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:23 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I make a huge deal for the b-days. I want them to have wonderful memories. Plus we love to socialize.

CloverE

Answer by CloverE at 10:24 AM on May. 1, 2009

• The point to celebrate is to make a big deal it could be something small or large it is up to you. We where all alone when my kids (twins)turn one and we put up balloons dressed them up, maid them a cake and took pictures. It was nice.
    We always made a big deal even when it was just us four. It is how they feel not how much you spend.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:24 AM on May. 1, 2009

• NO. We have a nice family dinner, cake, and presents. Just the way my 8 year old daughter likes it. With mom, dad, sister, brother-in-law, and her nephew (my grandson).
    She doesn't like crowds. I always bring cupcakes and treat bags to her school every year for not only her birthday, but to celebrate the other kids who have a birthday in January as well. They love me for it!
    mirandar2001

Answer by mirandar2001 at 11:06 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I make a huge deal out of my son's birthday and he knows it. I have spent some serious money on his birthday. I guess I do that since I have been a single mom for so long and I want him to know when he is older that his Momma made a big deal about him being born.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 11:06 AM on May. 1, 2009

• kids doent need a huge party to have wonderful memories, material things mean nothing without one on one attention and love from mother. not the whole goddamned neighborhood.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on May. 1, 2009

• My son will be turning 1 on the 30th and I'm not having a huge party. We're having just family over, which actually turns out to be 12 adults and 5 kids. We thought about inviting our close friends too, but then the amount of people and kids would almost triple.

We're not doing a theme. I think it's a waste of money since he doesn't specifically like any shows, movies or characters. The only thing I'm going to buy is a cake. I thought I would make it, but I have to do a lot of stuff before the party and I don't want to worry about the cake. I'll just buy one at Sam's Club for $20.

I can see spending more money on bdays when he is older. But even then, I'm not sure if I would throw a big one for him. Maybe invite a bunch of his friends, but not something huge and blown out of proportion.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 11:11 AM on May. 1, 2009

• The first party should be a big event. We rented a hall, had it catered, and had a magician, clown and magician for each first birthday respectively. The party is more for the guests then for the baby anyway. It's a huge milestone in my opinion and should be celebrated. The next few are a little smaller. And when they get to the age when they can choose what they want then let them have it. It is their birthday.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 11:58 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Not at all! Moms do the hard work, kids just show up. I send my mom flowers on my birthday...

Answer by rkoloms at 1:32 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I make birthdays a big deal. It's their special day!
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 3:16 PM on May. 1, 2009