If you had a close friend like this..................

would you admit it?

Or would you throw his arse under the bus when close advisors have to point out to you that he may be a bit eccentric?.................

Men who have been mentioned as potential nominees include Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick, Harvard Law professor Cass Sunstein and U.S. District Judge Ruben Castillo of Chicago.

Cass Sunstein!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In his 2004 book, "Animal Rights," he wrote: "Animals should be permitted to bring suit, with human beings as their representatives …"

Cass Sunstein...........

Fruitcake possible nominee?

mustbeGRACE

Asked by mustbeGRACE at 10:19 AM on May. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I dont believe he is a fruitcake- just sounds like he wants people to be able to stand up for animals. Atleast thats what I got from that quote.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, anybody else out there?.............................................................

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 10:22 AM on May. 1, 2009

• We already stand up for animals. There are laws against animal cruelty. They are prosecuted in a court of law. What more do you want? Animals can't testify. What, are they going to get the dog whisperer up on the the stand to testify? Face it, the guy is a little loose in the noodle.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Oh Grace, I had such high hopes for this question. I did. I fear you are losing your touch.

Just for the record: I do think this guy is a little off his rocker. I agree that we need to speak for the rights of animals but, I don't know about suing people over it. I find it highly unlikely that nominated, let alone confirmed by the Congress.
    Imaginaryfriend

Answer by Imaginaryfriend at 11:07 AM on May. 1, 2009

It is obviously not your place to have high hopes for anything..............................................

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 11:12 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I find it highly unlikely that nominated, let alone confirmed by the Congress.

Reallllyyyyyyyyyyy................................................................

Unlikely in Lib world, or just a LITTLE  possible?????????????????

Ughhhhhhhhhh

We won't get our hopes up..........................

Libs, after all......................

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 11:14 AM on May. 1, 2009

I agree with you. My rapist served less time in prison than Michael Vick. I guess the dogs lives are more important than my own safety. We have laws on the books and I hate those who are cruel to animals but many have gone overboard with this. I was brutally raped my rapists plead guilty to a lesser charge and was in prison for 6 months when he was released because of overcrowding. Three men in the prison were in there for animal cruelty charges and had been there for years. They let my violent rapist go to keep these men locked up. I had 6 months where I was not afraid now I am once again. I don't want that idiot to get the spot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Wow, is there any information in this question? It's like you're not even trying hasnoGRACE.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I have no real opinion of the gentleman in the OP; I am very much for animals rights; however animals are NOT people and do not have the ability to sue someone! Now if the animals' care-giver/guardian wanted to sue someone for mistreating their pet; that is different...

Anon @ 11:18(est) -- I'm sorry you had to go thru such a horrific experience; and your story disturbs me greatly. I would encourage you to look into groups in your community or state that are working to institute mandatory minimums for VIOLENT offenders; no out early options etc. I agree with you it is wrong for a rapist to be able to plead down and be out in 6mos!

On the other side of the coin however; it's been proven that people who do the things like Vick did to those dogs; are psychotic; and I don't really want sociopaths walking around free either...ykwim?
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 11:36 AM on May. 1, 2009

• thank you beachmama, I agree with you on all three points.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on May. 1, 2009