Ideas for finger foods please

My son will be graduating on May 15th. We were to go to a fancy restaurant for dinner but to many people coming from out of town and most have kids and the timing was going to be off so I am having a come and go from 4 to 630 and I have NO IDEA what to prepare. Chicken Salad crossiants and I am lost as to what else or should I ditch the crossiants?

JLynn0871

Asked by JLynn0871 at 10:31 AM on May. 1, 2009 in Food & Drink

• stick with easy foods, so you can enjoy your company. make some, make them ahead of time, and buy some at costco or another warehouse store.
    cut veggies and pita chips with hummus (the veggies can be cut a day ahead and refrigerated in water; the hummus can be made 2 or 3 days ahead, the pita chips can be made a day or two ahead).
    Make pizza, cut into small squares and freeze; this can be done several weeks in advance.
    Make a crockpot of chili, with lots of sides, for example: cooked pasta, small crackers, diced avocado and scallions, shredded cheese. Chili can be cooked and frozen weeks in advance (make without meat incase you have vegetarians coming.
    Feel free to contact me directly for recipes.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:37 AM on May. 1, 2009

• those are great ideas! I always tell people I am better at going to parties than making them!
    JLynn0871

Answer by JLynn0871 at 10:41 AM on May. 1, 2009

• 3 8oz cream cheese, softened
    1 pouch ranch dressing mix
    8+ burrito size tortillas
    2 1lb pkgs thinnly shave lunch meat (ham, turkey, chicken, etc)

mix cream cheese and ranch dressing mix together.
    microwave tortillas 2 at a time for 15 seconds
    on each tortilla, spread the ranch mix and top with a layer of meat. roll tightly. refrigerate overnight.
    when you're ready to serve, cut off the ends and then cut into bite sized pieces. makes nice looking pinwheels!
    I'm sure you can do whatever kind of topping to the filling... maybe lettuce or something, but I always use the meat. My husband will sit there and just eat the whole dang roll without cutting it up he likes them so much! At work, I have to make a double batch because they fly off the platter!
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 11:27 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Sloppy joes, mini sandwiches, veggie platter/

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:47 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Get some small cooked peeled devined shrimp. Marinate them in lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, pepper (and sundried tomato paste and a tiny dab of anchovy paste, optional) Serve with a spoon and some endive or bruschetta toast to spoon them onto. NOM!
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 11:53 AM on May. 1, 2009

• A veggie tray or meat and cheese, relish tray.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:55 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I love veggie pizza and you can make it in advance. Cresent rolls...roll out and bake in 9x13 takes 2 cans for 2 pans. Mix 2 blocks cream cheese, heaping spoon of mayo and dry ranch mix. when cresent rolls cool spread cream chees mixture on top. top with chopped veggies..bell pepper, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, celery cherry tomatos (olives, green onion and mushrooms optional) Sprinkle with shredded cheddar.

Flour tortilla roll ups are good, mini cheesecakes..
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:32 PM on May. 1, 2009