I so regret switching cell phone companies.

I switched from at&t to verizon because i had so many people telling me that verizon was so much better. Well, i have had nothing but a bad experience with them. It was back in december, and we got two lines with them abd bought two phones. And one was the boulder rugged phone. Anyways about 3 months after that the phone broke and would not show calls coming in or missed calls or anything and a piece on the front broke off. IT happened just after the warranty ran out. So they told me they would exchange it but it would not be for a new one it would br refurbished. I argued since i paid almost $230.00 including the discount but it didnt help. Well now the other phone is doing the same thing and it wont hold a charge. So i told them i would just buy another one but they should atleas give me a discount on it even if it was just $20.00 bucks. I ended up having to pay full price. Anyone else had bad experience with verizon?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on May. 1, 2009 in Money & Work

• I've had V for about 6-7 years now and won't go to another company. I have never had a problem getting replacements. I had a phone that wouldn't hold a charge either and they just replaced the battery for free. I also had one that started vibrating off (like it rattled when it vibrated) and they replaced the whole phone after I showed them what it was doing. No questions asked.
    tandknix

Answer by tandknix at 10:46 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I have Verizon and the service area is great. My one phone that I had the battery wouldn't hold a charge very well after awhile and this one I have now does the same thing. I think that is just because I never turn it off because I am afraid that it will be an emergency. I know that with Verizon that you get discounts every so many years and I have the new every two plan and can get a new phone every two years either free or discounted. I am sorry that you are having problems.
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 10:47 AM on May. 1, 2009

• if you signed up back in Dec then your phone is covered under the year warranty. I had to pay 50 for a replacement because it was due to neglecience (dropped my razor repeatedly). Call customer service and explain your dissatifaction and see if they can help
    partiesbyjan

Answer by partiesbyjan at 10:52 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I love verizon and have been with them for years. My fiance had problems with the Knack phone he got when he joined roughly about the same time as you. The screen would freeze and not do anything, texts would come in and not be what I sent but say "urgent message" then by locked and it wouldn't hold the charge. He went into the store, they gave him a brand new Knack, it happened again with the new one they gave him ANOTHER new one. It did it for the third time a few weeks ago and he went in saying this is the 3rd knack that has done this and he damanded a different phone. They let him choose another phone with similiar features at no charge. The guy also let him give the car charger for the knack back and he replaced it with a free one for the new phone....so far no troubles with it!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:38 AM on May. 1, 2009

• WE have had only great experiences since we switched to Verizon three years ago. Never paid for a phone; when my daughter broke the navigation wheel on my phone they replaced it for free because it was less than one year old and still under warranty. Their customer service has been first rate. If you are having issues, you need to go up the chain of command; when you are dissatisfied with an answer you received, ask to speak with the supervisor; keep going, eventually you will speak with the super-secret customer service department in the office of the president or CEO. Remember, the squeeky wheel gets the oil.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:02 PM on May. 1, 2009

• They. Allll. Suck.
    Honey. The faster you learn phone companies are the devil the better... each has a special department they run in Hell & are assigned special tasks to each individual to make their lives harder.
    The est one I've found so far is Credo, associated w/ Working Assets. It still has a raging asshat for a founder & credo does inconveniently random {poor communication in the co?}~ check this out: http://www.yelp.com/biz/credo-mobile-san-francisco
    HollyLucination

Answer by HollyLucination at 12:13 PM on May. 1, 2009

• This is not just verizons policy. ALL of them are the same way. If your phone breaks or becomes defective due to NO negligence on your part, then you get another phone JUST like the one you had. Its usually refurbished. They call it same for same. A lot of times you do end up having issues with it, but they MAKE you work out your contract no matter what. If you want a different phone, then you have to pay out of pocket for it. My daughter has been through 3 Rumor phones. Its not her, its the phone. SO I just keep going and swapping it out. She has another 12 mos and then she can upgrade. I told her to suck it up and wait it out. Thats why you get such a good discount on the phone in the beginning....because you get stuck in contracts. The best way to get a cell phone is to buy one off ebay that someone is not using anymore, take it into the store and have it activated. No contracts. I have 2 samsungs that are great.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:28 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I've had a similar experience with sprint and t-mobile.

The phones are never durable enough. Now I just buy a phone second hand when mine breaks.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 9:33 PM on May. 2, 2009