how do you get you 11 month old dog from pooping on the bed?

BABICAKES904

Asked by BABICAKES904 at 10:45 AM on May. 1, 2009 in Pets

• put him outside where dogs belong
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on May. 1, 2009

• you beat his butt and rub his nose in it. seriously. its not cruel because it will learn after a few times.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 11:03 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Be sure that you are not leaving food on the floor all day long. At almost one year, he can go to 2 meals a day. I would do a morning feed when you feed the kids and an evening feed when you eat dinner. Remember, tho, that dogs have short colons and must clear their bowels right after eating.

So take him for a walk, as soon as he is done eating. Set the food down for a 10 - 15 min. and then take him out for a walk or let him out in the back yard to go on his own. The prob. with just letting him run on his own, is that he might refuse to go and he would come in and still use your bed. Indoor dogs need to have a controlled and planned walk every day.

On a walk, he would be sure and clear out his bowels so that he doesn't have an accident. Dogs are creatures of habit, the same as humans. Where he gets used to going, he will continue until you change the habit. I know this will for ya. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 11:52 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Rubbing a dogs nose in his own bowels or pee only causes the dog to fear you. While that might seem like it works, these owners don't have self disciplined dogs that are well behaved and stable in other areas.

I simply wouldn't respond that way. You want to train the dog, not scare him to death. You want him to be good and gentle, not harsh and mean. Indoor dogs should be pleasant to live with and they can be but only if you go to the trouble in the beginning, just like with kids. If you don't train them while they are young, they will be a terror as they get older. :) Just good common sense.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 11:56 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Um, my dogs aren't allowed on my bed. That's disgusting.
    Anonymous

• Wow, lifeasinoit....

She must not be a mom who spanks. I, however, have 3 very well behaved dogs, and they behave by choice. Each has been nose-first in their poop, and each has learned very quickly. My dogs also were spanked at the time, and made to lay next to the mess until I got it cleaned. My dogs are also happy, healthy, and stable. They're no where near harsh, or mean for that matter.

I am a firm believer in the spanking, and in the rubbing the nose in it. You've got to show the dog that you mean business, and if that means Doggy doesn't get on the bed or in the bedroom, then by golly, you've got to implement the rule. You may want to try crate training, or confining the dog otherwise to a specific rug or room. And there is a major difference between the dog being afraid of you, and the dog fearing you. It's ok that the dog be scared of you when he has misbehaved. Like a kid, there are times that you need to
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 2:58 PM on May. 1, 2009

• make it very clear that the behavior is unacceptable. However, I'm sure you understand that the dog shouldn't run away in fear or pee... but none the less let the dog know that it's unacceptable! Whatever measures you have to take... there is stay-off spray you can buy at walmart, or try a squirt bottle... good luck!!!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 3:04 PM on May. 1, 2009

geez...what a bitch.
    Anonymous

• I don't beleive that a dog doesn't remember what he has done, f'n right they do.
    Anyways, get the dog off your bed, that's nasty.
    Andrewbrian2

Answer by Andrewbrian2 at 8:03 PM on May. 1, 2009

• No she is not a bitch for saying that " you beat his butt and rub his nose in it. seriously. its not cruel because it will learn after a few times." IT WORKS!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:21 AM on May. 2, 2009