Anyone have carpal tunnel? Can you have this without the wrist pain?

I have been having bad pain with weakness in my middle finger radiating into my palm. It is especially bad at night. When I wake up in the middle of the night to pee or get up in the morning, my entire palm, especially the top part by the fingers is sore, stiff, and weak. It seems to be coming from my middle finger. trying to grip anything with my thumb and middle finger hurts and my grip strength is diminished. I read somewhere that carpal tunnel tends to be more severe while sleeping and at night like mine is, that is why I question that. I feel kinda silly going to the dr. just for hand pain, but the loss in strength is starting to worry me some. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on May. 1, 2009 in Health

• When you the back of your wrists touch any edged objects(counter tops, desk, etc.) does it cause an uncortable almost painful reaction??? When you have your hands curved around anything(like stroller handles, ect.) do they fall asleep minutes later??? If yes its tendinitous, if not its authritis!!! EITHER WAY YOU NEED TO SEE PCP!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 10:55 AM on May. 1, 2009