i was reading do you brag about your kids?

i have a beautiful 9 yr old who is beautiful from the inside out.she doesnt excel in any sports.her best friends do though and they surely let me know.my town is very competitive.i am trying to find out her strengths wether it be sports or the arts,but it defenitly become a town divided.i liked the article,and i also think sometimes as the bad part of me i wonder will she ever achieve at anything.i know this is bad of me to thinkbut i am tired of all this competitiveness.it is getting real hard on my daughter to keep up with and i dont expect her to.just venting need ideas???inthis town everyone brags.its all about the sports.ill just keep on truckin.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on May. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• My daughter is a beautiful girl, she is 5 yrs old and absolutely brilliant. She's been reading for two years now. It amazes me. But, she, like your daughter, is no good at sports. She's not very graceful, and does not like sports because of the competitiveness. We tried soccer, and she didn't like that because she doesn't like "taking things from other kids". It's going to be hard on her because she is so smart. She notices things like her little brother hitting a ball that's pitched to him (he's 3). He is going to have a natural talent for sports...whereas she is more book smart. I'm hoping that I'll do a good job of highlighting her successes so that she does not feel as if she's being compared to her younger siblings.
    I would just tell your daughter that she is beautiful, and highlight her personality. Tell her that sports aren't for everyone, and that's okay! She doesn't need to feel like at failure at a young age.
    SAHMomOf3

Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 11:59 AM on May. 1, 2009

• all the time. LOL.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 1:42 PM on May. 1, 2009