Do you usualy buy baby food or make it yourself?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on May. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I bought it at first, then, he refused to eat it at 6 months, so, I made my own babyfood for him cause that's all he would eat.

The book "Feed me, I'm yours" halped me alot.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:16 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I've done both, but more often used jarred foods.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:18 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I always made my own. When i did buy a jar or two for convenience he wouldnt eat it. It sure saves money!
    aeemom

Answer by aeemom at 11:20 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I've always made my own baby food, its so simple and easy! I like to know EXACTLY whats going into my baby :)
    jokermom

Answer by jokermom at 11:27 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I just "baby-fied" the food we were going to eat. Mashed up veggies for him, shredded meat, and so on. It only took an extra minute or two before sitting down and he loved to sit with us and try to eat mashed food with his fingers (he did NOT like spoons in his mouth).
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 11:30 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I make mine. All organic
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:35 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I tried making babyfood and my son wouldn't eat it. I was mad because I spent ALL DAY making tons of food only to have him not like it. Luckily I use the Deceptivley Delicious cookbook so I was able to use everything eventually...

I used jarred babyfood until he was about a year old then we just cut/mashed up whatever we were eating and he would feed himself.
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 12:28 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I use jarred food. I find making baby food to be pretty time consuming since I only manage to eat one meal a day and it is usually something I couldnt feed him anyways (jumbalaya or somthing with a lot of spice)It's getting expensive though. He went from one jar a day to 6 jars a day, I may have to start making some of the simpler things (green beans, carrots sweet potatoes etc)
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:32 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I only made enough for one serving at a time. I took what I was haveing before grease, spice..or anything was added and puree it for him. Or take some frozen, canned or fresh depending on what it was and microwave it then puree it. It didn't take long at all.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:41 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I buy Gerber. I trust them enough to believe the water and fruit/veggie only. So why spend the time making it myself? It was good enough for me when I was a baby...

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 12:51 PM on May. 1, 2009