Calling all hair dying pros :)

Ok, here is the deal: Last summer I bleached the front portion of my hair (basically the entire portion of hair I would use to make a "bumb") and dyed it with a semi-permanent, very bright red. At the end of the summer I decided to dye it black & used permanent dye ( I know dumb move).

Is there any way to bleach my hair & dye it red again this summer, the same way, without completely wrecking my hair?

If so, how?

Is the only way to do it through a professional, & would they even be able to do what I'm asking?

Thanks in advance!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on May. 1, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Dont go to the drug store atleast go to Sally's get ... powderd bleach and 30% developer... leave on for about 15 minitues, dont leave on too long... repeat if nessary (better then too long) you can bleach dyed hair just like you can natural...

DONNOTUSE A STRIPPER UNLESS YOU WANT RAINBOW HAIR AND DEAD NASTY NO FIX FOR IT HAIR... LOL... SERIOUSLY DO NOT STRIP IT!
    kflwrgrl

Answer by kflwrgrl at 1:01 PM on May. 1, 2009

• professional would be able to do it, but if you get hair bleach the permanent one at the drugstore it will lighten the hair enough so you can dye it bright red again. just make sure its hair bleach not blonde dye.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on May. 1, 2009

• They sell a stripper at the store. I forget the name of it, but it's with all the other hair dyes and stuff.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 11:20 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I've seen what stripper can do...it's not pretty.
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 3:25 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Hello! I am a hairstylist. U should have some new growth from a years time right? Is your hair thick or thin. this will be a deciding factor on what you can do. Is your hair still black?? How many times did you color it black?? My first suggestion would be for you too SLOWLY add some blonde to that area, like some highlights...see how that does...condition, condition..then do a little more...and by the third time you should be able to get it pretty blonde where you want it.
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 10:02 PM on May. 1, 2009

• my older sister dyed her hair black and went to a pro to fix it, they tried bleaching it and stripping it and it came out a horride orange color and looked like a clown...try and change it if your brave enough but you might look cuter with it black
    akashaismyworld

Answer by akashaismyworld at 2:55 AM on May. 2, 2009

• OP here, see I'm not worried so much about it coming out orange because I'm just going to dye it red with Manic Panic or Special Effects anyway & I don't think orange will work against the red. I just don't want my hair to fall out, LOL, (since my hair is bleached under the black dye I have now).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on May. 2, 2009