OMG! I'm losing my mind!

Last year I made a huge mistake and cheated on my SO with his brother. We talked about it and agreed it was really stupid of us and vowed to never do it again. We remained friends though. But lately all the feelings I had for him are coming back! I know I can never be with him, I love my SO but it seems like a different kind of love. His brother makes me feel things I don't usually feel. I keep telling myself over and over to forget about him, but I can't stop thinking about him. My stomach is so tied up in knots, it's making me sick. We've talked about this before and confessed we really care about each other but agreed nothing could ever happen between us again. My SO wants us to all get together for the Memorial day weekend and I told him I'm not going, just so I don't see his brother. Am I going to have to avoid him forever? I know I'm wrong but I'm so mixed up, i fell like throwing up!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on May. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• sometimes we find exhilaration with those we cannot have. taboo relationships can be dynamically exciting. If you know it will cause you to cross the line again by seeing him then by all means hide from him forever.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:44 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Sounds like you need to leave the one you're with because you're in love the other one. It's not fair to your SO.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on May. 1, 2009

• how does the saying go? "you made your bed, now you have to lay in it" Is that is? anyway, you know what i mean. So, I'm guessing that your boyfriend does not know that you slept with his brother (how shallow!). I don't know what to tell ya. You may have to avoid him forever. Out of site, out of mind. Also, there are NO excuses for cheating. You should move on & allow your boyfriend to be with someone who respects him, because you don't. If you have such strong feelings for someone else, your not the right gal for him ESPECIALLY if it is so easy for you to do something like sleep with his brother...... that's about as shallow as you can get.  

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:27 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I would let your SO go, You are obviously not as happy w/ him as you'd like to be if you are cheating w/ his brother. If you stay w/ him you can't avoid the brother forever. I think its best if you break up and get away from both of them. Plus would you really want a relationship w/ his brother, knowing that he doesn't care enough about him and would sleep w/ his girlfriend. He isn't too trustworthy himself. I wouldn't want to be w/ someone like that. He doesn't have a problem hurting people close to him. He's not worth it. Let them both go.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 11:46 AM on May. 1, 2009

• get over it! your SO already forgave you once! you are in charge of your own feelings! and don't be a wimp! tell yourself that you are not going to fall for him again if your relationship with you SO is so important to you. come on now... and if you think it's love why would you set yourself up to be hurt in the end? he is obviously selfish and untrustworthy! hello! he banged his brothers girlfriend!
    nairda

Answer by nairda at 12:03 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Ummmm... watch soap operas, or stop watching them entirely.
    MizKizzy

Answer by MizKizzy at 12:17 PM on May. 1, 2009

• You are not in love with either one. You are not a content or happy person and look for that contentment and happiness in others. No one can do that for you. You could get with the brother but once he disappoints you will seek someone else that will make you feel the way you do about him now. You have no concept of love and need to seek counseling.
    Anonymous

• I've dated half brothers in highschool now give me credit I didn't know! they had different last names looked TOTALLY different, & never spoke a word about each other!!! never met their folks but so kinda of relating here, JUST LEAVE the both of them alone!!!! Now wether your SO knows is not the issue the issue is, you were in the wrong & your SO's brother is wrong too, you need to just get out doll SORRY!! Move on! There are plenty fish in the sea!!!
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 12:49 PM on May. 1, 2009