Would you wait to have another child? and why?

Im just trying to sfigure out this...
My som is 4 moth old and I love the fact that he's my only child and I can spent all of my time on him...But at the same time I want a daughter! Many people say that if your kids are almost the same age they tend to be closer to each other, But then I want to enjoy the time with my only baby...
Would you wait (3-5years) or have another baby right away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on May. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I plan on waiting until my son is 6-8 years old before I have another. My husband and I originally agreed on 8-10 years and he still plans on that but now I don't know if I can wait THAT long. My reasons are 1.) I don't think I could physically or emotionally handle two small children at once 2.) I want to give my son as much undivided attention as possible for as long as I can, especially the first few years he's in school and 3.) When they are all grown and one leaves the house, at least I won't have to worry about the next one leaving soon after!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:30 AM on May. 1, 2009

• My son is 10 months old and now I'm in the dreaded two week wait to see if there is another additon!! We originally wanted to wait about 5 years, but I also want to try for that girl, and I want my son to have a sibiling close in age
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on May. 1, 2009

• My children were evenly spaced 2 1/2 years apart, which was a good age-span because I was able to spend time with the older child(ren) before a baby came AND the older child was potty trained before I had another one in diapers, which is a huge money saver.
    They are still very close and loving, although they do tend to have their spats as most siblings do, but the time interval between each of them allows each child to experience the spotlight of 'firsts' for themselves without having to share. This is especially important when they became teens in high school and got involved with activities, had boyfriends, went to homecoming, proms, and graduated. They each got their share of the limelight for themselves and enjoyed it for awhile without being rushed to enjoy the next sibling doing the same thing.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:40 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I would never wait 3-5 years. my siblings and I are 4 years apart and we have nothing in common now and surly nothing in common growing. my children are 4, 3. 18 months and I'm 18 weeks preg and I love it. they all play together and have similar activity interests. my four and three yr old are both in soccer together and love it. it is hard at first having them close together, but it gets eaiser. I personally thought three children were easier than when I just had the two. life is never dull around here.
    motherwanting6

Answer by motherwanting6 at 11:59 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I would rather wait a few years. I have severe PPD and major depression with my daughter...just imagine how it would be if I had another one right away. Eeeeep. I don't like to think about it.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:06 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I love having my son as well and I personally want another but I also love my son (and myself) enough to wait. Though siblings closer in age may be closer later on it because they are both doing the same things around teh same time they are constantly competing for mom and dads attention. Getting your drivers license is a much bigger deal when your brother didn't get it a week ahead of you. My brother is 2 years and 9 months younger than me and we are extremely close. Enjoy the special one on one time you have now
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:11 PM on May. 1, 2009

• We were planning on waiting to start trying for #2 when our oldest turned 1, in hopes that they would be at least two years apart, depending on how long it took to get pregnant. Well, my boys are 13 months apart instead! I absolutely love it. They are now almost 1 1/2 and 2 1/2. They are the best of friends. We love it so much our plan was to wait until the youngest was 2 and have two really close together again, but I am due with baby #3 in August. There will be 20 months between the last two. I kind of feel like our youngest (#3) is going to be left out since she is so far apart from her brothers so #4 might be right around the corner! My brothers were 5 and 8 years older growing up. I was basically an only child. I am so glad my kids have siblings close in age.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 12:15 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Oh, and just for the record...I think it all depends on individual personalities when it comes to siblings being close or not. My older brother is eight years older than me and we're pretty close now that we're adults. It didn't bother me much when we were kids. I actually enjoyed being the baby and the "only child" all at the same time :oD
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:22 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I'm planning on waiting to have another child. I had a lot of things going great before I had my DD. Then I had her, and me and her father ended up splitting up, and I ended up with a lot of bad debt because of him. So now I'd like to find someone who's a little more on their feet, and get myself back out of debt before I have another one. Right now DD is 16 months, so I'm not in a rush.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:29 PM on May. 1, 2009

• i would like another child only because i was an only child for 14 years. hated it lol. but my daughter is at the age now whr it would be the perfect time for me. i dont have a boyfriend tho. lol, and if i dont have a baby sooner than later, i dont think it would make sense for me to start from scratch again with a new baby... so im gonna give myself about 2-3 yrs before i just say 4get about it
    StarrCooKie

Answer by StarrCooKie at 2:46 PM on May. 1, 2009